Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 50,103 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to update from Custom 4.3 to Original 4.4 ?

Tip us?

FelipeRRM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Question How to update from Custom 4.3 to Original 4.4 ?

Guys, I downloaded Criskelo's 4.3 ROM a while ago, and now I want to go back to original Sonys's 4.4, because I want to have the TV app again (Brazil's Z1 comes with TV), how can I do it? Is C6943 the model I need to download the ROM?

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,073

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeRRM View Post
Guys, I downloaded Criskelo's 4.3 ROM a while ago, and now I want to go back to original Sonys's 4.4, because I want to have the TV app again (Brazil's Z1 comes with TV), how can I do it? Is C6943 the model I need to download the ROM?
Yeap...
Just download that firmware and flash it via flashtool.
You can exclude app wipes and try to preserve data but I would recommend to wipe app and flash clean and fresh 4.4.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

FelipeRRM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
Yeap...
Just download that firmware and flash it via flashtool.
You can exclude app wipes and try to preserve data but I would recommend to wipe app and flash clean and fresh 4.4.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I remember I had to flash the kernel separately, do I need to do this now? And what should I tick in the flashtool? What mode should I use?

Riaes
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeRRM View Post
I remember I had to flash the kernel separately, do I need to do this now? And what should I tick in the flashtool? What mode should I use?
No you don't have to flash the kernel separately as the firmware already replaces the kernel. using flash mode, i just leave it default as i want a clean install(wipe cache, applog, data)