Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Install 4.4.4 on rooted locked bootloader

OP shrishail87

1st July 2014, 10:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Hi,

I am on 4.4.2 stock ROM but rooted & locked bootloader.
Can i install 4.4.4 using PCC and keep the root?
If not root then can i keep the DATA, APPS and the MODS?

Please Help.

Thanks.
1st July 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #2  
kentexcitebot's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrishail87

Hi,

I am on 4.4.2 stock ROM but rooted & locked bootloader.
Can i install 4.4.4 using PCC and keep the root?
If not root then can i keep the DATA, APPS and the MODS?

Please Help.

Thanks.

Do NOT update to 4.4.4 via PCC if you want root.

Find the FTF and flash it via flashtool.
The Following User Says Thank You to kentexcitebot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot

Do NOT update to 4.4.4 via PCC if you want root.

Find the FTF and flash it via flashtool.

Thanks.

Can i keep all mods installed via Xposed if i flash the ftf.?
1st July 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #4  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,432
 
9,892 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentexcitebot

Do NOT update to 4.4.4 via PCC if you want root.

Find the FTF and flash it via flashtool.

That will also lose root.


Solution
Either update via PCC or flashtool, then use the easy newroot method from the cross device development section to root again.
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 11:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 6
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

That will also lose root.


Solution
Either update via PCC or flashtool, then use the easy newroot method from the cross device development section to root again.


What about the mods? Will they remain intact or should i install superuser mod again?
1st July 2014, 11:20 AM   |  #6  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,432
 
9,892 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrishail87

What about the mods? Will they remain intact or should i install superuser mod again?

If you use pccompanion you will keep your data, but your system partition is wiped and upgraded.
If you use FTF then the phone is completely wiped (Data and internal storage as well as system)
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes