Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Intelligent backlight and Glove mode on Xperia Z1?

OP VladoBENZ

18th August 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

22 posts
Has anyone succeeded to get them to work on Xperia Z1? From the thread about intelligent call handling, i installed all 4 apks, including intelligentbacklight, i implemented the smartbacklight in settings menu, but its not working. I noticed that when i change the setting from on to off, the logcat shows warning: datachanged but no participant pkg='com.android.providers.settings' uid=10352. Any ideia how can it be fixed? And about the glove mode, did somebody make a port from Xperia Z2?
19th August 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 484

1,697 posts
Donate to Me
More
We had glove mod on older android version. I don't know why we don't have it now.
And can you explain intelligent backlight.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
19th August 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Well...intelligent backlight is the feature of Xperia Z2, which keeps the screen light on while you looking at it.....similar to the Galaxy series...the devs here successfully ported the smart call features (the gestures whenever you receive a call) but the smart backlight still doesnt work...and about Glove mode....ive had the Z1 since the first release on jelly bean, and ive never had the glove mode
19th August 2014, 11:15 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 484

1,697 posts
Donate to Me
More
I had glove mod on this I can swear with my z1.
I guess there is no much interest in intelligent backlight from devs.
But I would like to have it in future.

19th August 2014, 11:38 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
At least can they give me a clue what this warning is about...because the only things left to port from the Z2 are these two, plus the double tap 2 wake, but obviously the last wants a different kernel...lol
20th August 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladoBENZ

At least can they give me a clue what this warning is about...because the only things left to port from the Z2 are these two, plus the double tap 2 wake, but obviously the last wants a different kernel...lol

Hmm, looking forward to that. I hope the devs could make a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash

I had glove mod on this I can swear with my z1.
I guess there is no much interest in intelligent backlight from devs.
But I would like to have it in future.

Is the glove mode available for non rooted z1 like the background defocus? Could you provide the link if ever?

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app
24th August 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,722

2,592 posts
Donate to Me
More
To get the glove mode setting just decompile framework-res apk and then modify one of the bools for the glove mode. It's there. If you don't know how then just go into my threads and find multiuser mod. I put 2 easter eggs into it with one being glove mod support. Unfortunately it's not working and it never was. The other easter egg works great though, it's just not that easy to find or realise.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread