Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 35,984 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Intelligent backlight and Glove mode on Xperia Z1?

Tip us?

VladoBENZ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Intelligent backlight and Glove mode on Xperia Z1?

Has anyone succeeded to get them to work on Xperia Z1? From the thread about intelligent call handling, i installed all 4 apks, including intelligentbacklight, i implemented the smartbacklight in settings menu, but its not working. I noticed that when i change the setting from on to off, the logcat shows warning: datachanged but no participant pkg='com.android.providers.settings' uid=10352. Any ideia how can it be fixed? And about the glove mode, did somebody make a port from Xperia Z2?

electrash
Old
Thanks Meter 412

DONATE TO ME
We had glove mod on older android version. I don't know why we don't have it now.
And can you explain intelligent backlight.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

VladoBENZ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well...intelligent backlight is the feature of Xperia Z2, which keeps the screen light on while you looking at it.....similar to the Galaxy series...the devs here successfully ported the smart call features (the gestures whenever you receive a call) but the smart backlight still doesnt work...and about Glove mode....ive had the Z1 since the first release on jelly bean, and ive never had the glove mode

electrash
Old
Thanks Meter 412

DONATE TO ME
I had glove mod on this I can swear with my z1.
I guess there is no much interest in intelligent backlight from devs.
But I would like to have it in future.

VladoBENZ
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
At least can they give me a clue what this warning is about...because the only things left to port from the Z2 are these two, plus the double tap 2 wake, but obviously the last wants a different kernel...lol

digiknowzone
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladoBENZ View Post
At least can they give me a clue what this warning is about...because the only things left to port from the Z2 are these two, plus the double tap 2 wake, but obviously the last wants a different kernel...lol

Hmm, looking forward to that. I hope the devs could make a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash View Post
I had glove mod on this I can swear with my z1.
I guess there is no much interest in intelligent backlight from devs.
But I would like to have it in future.

Is the glove mode available for non rooted z1 like the background defocus? Could you provide the link if ever?

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,349

DONATE TO ME
To get the glove mode setting just decompile framework-res apk and then modify one of the bools for the glove mode. It's there. If you don't know how then just go into my threads and find multiuser mod. I put 2 easter eggs into it with one being glove mod support. Unfortunately it's not working and it never was. The other easter egg works great though, it's just not that easy to find or realise.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:
Single link for that as the sig got too big ^^
If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply. sooner or later :P