Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]Few issues with phone, result of dropping?

OP id3alistic

27th August 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13

117 posts
It has been a few months now and I have dropped my phone a few times since then, although no noticeable damage. Few things that occur:
-Sometimes auto-screen rotate does not work and I will have to restart my phone.
-When I take pictures, the result of the photo is turned a different way and I would have to manually rotate the photo back.
-Sometimes when I take a picture in superior auto mode, it gives me a 1 shot burst. I'm not holding it either. Restarting phone solved this problem.

Two issues that have been around since I first got my phone:
-I have more wi-fi issues with my Z1 than my Z. It often drops signal.
-Camera button sometimes does not work while phone display is off.... however I believe the kitkat update fixed it as I no longer have issues.
27th August 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

130 posts
More
When in auto mode the phone anyways made the pictures as burst shot for me, it didn't matter when it was only just one picture.
And about the rotation issues, don't you disable rotation (if not, try enabling and dialing it next time it won't rotate) ?

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore
27th August 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #3  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

29 posts
More
I also have the rotation issue, sometimes when I play a game that relies on tilt, it doesn't work until I restart the phone.

Also my compass and magnetic field sensor do not work, is anyone else getting the same problems?
28th August 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by id3alistic

It has been a few months now and I have dropped my phone a few times since then, although no noticeable damage. Few things that occur:
-Sometimes auto-screen rotate does not work and I will have to restart my phone.
-When I take pictures, the result of the photo is turned a different way and I would have to manually rotate the photo back.
-Sometimes when I take a picture in superior auto mode, it gives me a 1 shot burst. I'm not holding it either. Restarting phone solved this problem.

Two issues that have been around since I first got my phone:
-I have more wi-fi issues with my Z1 than my Z. It often drops signal.
-Camera button sometimes does not work while phone display is off.... however I believe the kitkat update fixed it as I no longer have issues.

for the wifi issue, make sure u uncheck the "avoid poor connections" option in wifi->advance settings
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread