FORUMS

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

[Q] Q: Issues with GPS connected with glass screen protector? Lost button, warranty?

90 posts
Thanks Meter: 26
 
By DefunctiO, Member on 18th August 2014, 09:00 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello everyone,

I am proud owner of Xperia Z1.

Everything has been going just great until one day I have started having GPS issues. That means that when using GPS (mostly waze) Phone is constantly loosing my position, often unable to reestablish it. (from 10 minutes of drive GPS is working only for about 2 minutes)

In this very moment I have no root or customised anything, root has been deleted with new update.

This issues has started around time I have removed my ASF and installed a glass screen protector, could it be in any way related? I think right after installation GPS has been still working but I am not sure of it.

My other question is, is my phone ready for warranty check/fix in t mobile? My bootloader is locked and I have no root Is there anything else I need to check before contacting them?

The last issue is with the silver ring around my power button, It got lost somewhere, could this be a issue for t mobile? if so where do I get replacement?

Thank you very much
 
 
18th August 2014, 10:37 AM |#2  
301stSpartan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 523
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefunctiO

Hello everyone,

I am proud owner of Xperia Z1.

Everything has been going just great until one day I have started having GPS issues. That means that when using GPS (mostly waze) Phone is constantly loosing my position, often unable to reestablish it. (from 10 minutes of drive GPS is working only for about 2 minutes)

In this very moment I have no root or customised anything, root has been deleted with new update.

This issues has started around time I have removed my ASF and installed a glass screen protector, could it be in any way related? I think right after installation GPS has been still working but I am not sure of it.

My other question is, is my phone ready for warranty check/fix in t mobile? My bootloader is locked and I have no root Is there anything else I need to check before contacting them?

The last issue is with the silver ring around my power button, It got lost somewhere, could this be a issue for t mobile? if so where do I get replacement?

Thank you very much

Warranty? Sorry man, you lost your warranty when you removed the ASF. Still don't understand why people keep doing that....

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
18th August 2014, 10:47 AM |#3  
DefunctiO's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 301stSpartan

Warranty? Sorry man, you lost your warranty when you removed the ASF. Still don't understand why people keep doing that....

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

I have asked here on XDA if it may void my warranty after a long discussion I was told that removing ASF will not void it. Regarding my GPS problem, any ideas?
18th August 2014, 11:00 AM |#4  
electrash's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 519
 
Donate to Me
More
Can you try other apps for GPS navigation. Because let's be honest, wake is a piece of crap, google buy it and implement everything into Google maps.

Try to use sygic, Navigon, Google maps and then report back.
Also check if you turn on battery saving, maybe something turn off GPS after some time.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
19th August 2014, 11:13 AM |#5  
DefunctiO's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash

Can you try other apps for GPS navigation. Because let's be honest, wake is a piece of crap, google buy it and implement everything into Google maps.

Try to use sygic, Navigon, Google maps and then report back.
Also check if you turn on battery saving, maybe something turn off GPS after some time.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app







Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash

Can you try other apps for GPS navigation. Because let's be honest, wake is a piece of crap, google buy it and implement everything into Google maps.

Try to use sygic, Navigon, Google maps and then report back.
Also check if you turn on battery saving, maybe something turn off GPS after some time.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app


I have tried using other gps enabled apps, but the result is always the same... I have tried everything SW relate and I am almost certain it is HW issue.. Thanks anyway, any other thoughts?


Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
19th August 2014, 11:17 AM |#6  
electrash's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 519
 
Donate to Me
More
Run xperia diagnostic or enter this in telephone "*#*#7378423#*#*" without "".
Check in service test what does phone says about GPS and report back.
Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asf, glass, gps, warranty
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes