FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Will any other recording software work with the Z1 4k/UHD mods?

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By poog, Member on 28th August 2014, 05:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was wondering if anyone has gotten any other recording software to work with the 4K/UHD mods. for the Z1?.....specifically for 4K/UHD recording....?

Some 3rd party apps in the Playstore do 4K recording but only with certain phones like the S5, Note 3 etc.....not phones that are modded for some reason.

So is the problem the software needs to be written for specific camera profiles?
 
 
28th August 2014, 08:16 AM |#2  
UltraWelfare's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Xanthi
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poog

I was wondering if anyone has gotten any other recording software to work with the 4K/UHD mods. for the Z1?.....specifically for 4K/UHD recording....?

Some 3rd party apps in the Playstore do 4K recording but only with certain phones like the S5, Note 3 etc.....not phones that are modded for some reason.

So is the problem the software needs to be written for specific camera profiles?

I think the software checks if the hardware is powerful to handle 4K Recording...
28th August 2014, 10:14 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraWelfare

I think the software checks if the hardware is powerful to handle 4K Recording...

But the Z1 already does 4k recoding using mods and ported software.
28th August 2014, 10:33 AM |#4  
electrash's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 519
 
Donate to Me
More
Playstore can't check "mods" it check your phone, he knows that your phone is z1, z1 doesn't have 4k video recording, it's automatically says to you your phone is not supported.

Playstore check phone and database to it, not what is installed or moded on it.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
28th August 2014, 10:56 AM |#5  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag King Grumpy Lord from Frown Town, Grumpy Land
Thanks Meter: 5,229
 
Donate to Me
More
Please post your question in the Q&A thread

You will receive answers and responses much more quickly

Thread moved
29th August 2014, 02:22 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrash

Playstore can't check "mods" it check your phone, he knows that your phone is z1, z1 doesn't have 4k video recording, it's automatically says to you your phone is not supported.

Playstore check phone and database to it, not what is installed or moded on it.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

He said he thinks the software checks to see if the hardware is capable of 4k recording........

I said I doubt that because the Z1 hardware IS capable of 4k recording.
29th August 2014, 02:54 PM |#7  
electrash's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mali Lošinj - Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 519
 
Donate to Me
More
It is, you are true.
Bud play store doesn't check that.
Playstore check that In database, and in database THERE IS NO 4K SUPPORTED on this phone.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes