Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 42,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z1s taking abroad, use foreign SIM

Tip us?

BigDnm01
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Z1s taking abroad, use foreign SIM

ok, I have a Xperia Z1s, which is a T-Mobile USA exclusive. unlike the International version, I can't just go to Settings -> Xperia -> Internet Settings (Download settings for Internet and MMS). then choose the SIM carrier network and installed.

I'm planning on taking my phone overseas soon, but if I don't install the correct internet settings, I only be running 2G, I assume. the country I'm going to have 3G and I been there before with other Xperia phones like L and Neo. Now if I were to go to Settings -> Mobile Networks -> Service Providers and install the right network for the SIM, would it automatically works or do I need to manually type it in the APNs?

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,352

DONATE TO ME
It might work, but it doesn't have to. It's like gambling. To make sure that you'll get the Internet there just copy the apns so you could input them manually overseas without the need for the Internet there. Taking a photo or writing down in a single text file will do the trick.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:
Single link for that as the sig got too big ^^
If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply. sooner or later :P