Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sony Z1 Fastboot File Recovery

OP ABkrr

26th August 2014, 03:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey All!

I have a Sony Xperia Z1, which although advertised as waterproof, somehow got water damage after a day at the waterpark, even though all the flaps were perfectly closed and the phone even had a case that covered the whole back and sides of the phone.

After a few days of letting the phone dry out, now I'm able to connect it to my laptop, but only in fastboot mode as the phone won't boot up and I can't turn on USB Debugging to try and do something via ADB. Anyway, the bottom line is that I need to recover the files from my phone. I read about pulling files out through ADB, but I have no idea if it's possible to somehow acces the phone memory through Fastboot mode or at least switching to ADB using fastboot. The phone has insurance so I don't really care about the hardware, I just want my photos and files(which I realise I was an idiot for not backing up regularly).

Please help!

P.S. The phone isn't and has never been rooted.
26th August 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #2  
Sim City
Thanks Meter: 62

163 posts
More
Try here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1849170
The Following User Says Thank You to Celestial Fury For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th August 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thanks. I read everything but unfortunately the information found on that page and the links provided there doesn't help in my situation. From what I read there, the solutions include wiping all the data off the phone, which is exactly what I don't want to do. I would just need to somehow switch from the current Fastboot mode(blue light) to ADB, so that I can use the "pull" cmd and download my files from the phone.
26th August 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 140

302 posts
More
Sorry to hear mate. Perhaps you find some ideas here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2229250
The Following User Says Thank You to kulvertti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thank you. I tried those solutions last night, I managed to enter flash mode, flashed only the system files, without wiping the data, everything was succesful, but unfortunately there was no change in my phone's state. Still no response when trying to power it up, still no ADB access. I'm starting to think that my data can't be recovered in the phone's current state
27th August 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 140

302 posts
More
If you can get flashmode and flash system files succesfully and without errors you could also try to flash whole ftf of your device and wipe everything else but data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread