FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Lost my less than 20 hours old Xperia z1

170 posts
Thanks Meter: 68
 
By Nikhilmendu, Senior Member on 15th November 2013, 02:04 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys i have never used xperia devices before . Coming from gnote 2 .
I am from india i have ordered my xperia z1 and got delivered yesterday at 11pm yesterday.
Today i have been to a mall lost that somewhere iam sure someone stole that. As the mall staff said that mine is 12th phone lost in just a week.
And i have activated android device manager and just in 20min after losing that my z1 is unavaliable via android device manager.
I have contacted sny customer care they said they can't trace the device via imei and iam sure the imei is 100% correct.
My question is could some change the imei number please help :'(
 
 
15th November 2013, 02:24 PM |#2  
ImAnurag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 441
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilmendu

Hey guys i have never used xperia devices before . Coming from gnote 2 .
I am from india i have ordered my xperia z1 and got delivered yesterday at 11pm yesterday.
Today i have been to a mall lost that somewhere iam sure someone stole that. As the mall staff said that mine is 12th phone lost in just a week.
And i have activated android device manager and just in 20min after losing that my z1 is unavaliable via android device manager.
I have contacted sny customer care they said they can't trace the device via imei and iam sure the imei is 100% correct.
My question is could some change the imei number please help :'(

that can only be changed if motherboard is replaced.
15th November 2013, 02:29 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilmendu

Hey guys i have never used xperia devices before . Coming from gnote 2 .
I am from india i have ordered my xperia z1 and got delivered yesterday at 11pm yesterday.
Today i have been to a mall lost that somewhere iam sure someone stole that. As the mall staff said that mine is 12th phone lost in just a week.
And i have activated android device manager and just in 20min after losing that my z1 is unavaliable via android device manager.
I have contacted sny customer care they said they can't trace the device via imei and iam sure the imei is 100% correct.
My question is could some change the imei number please help :'(

Sorry to say bt yes now its pretty easy to change imei no... I dont know about sony phone bt my frnd using a stolen samsung phone and change its imei no with jelp of some samsung service centre member in just 600 rs....

Sent from my MT11i using xda premium
15th November 2013, 02:32 PM |#4  
Nikhilmendu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnurag

that can only be changed if motherboard is replaced.

I have lost my imei while tweaking my note 2 . But this is my first sony device :'(
And my friend has also lost/ changed his imei number in sony xperia L
15th November 2013, 02:37 PM |#5  
ImAnurag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 441
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilmendu

I have lost my imei while tweaking my note 2 . But this is my first sony device :'(
And my friend has also lost/ changed his imei number in sony xperia L

well i don't know about that...why would anyone want to change imei intentionally

file a FIR in police that's best you can do...or track if that SIM is used again
15th November 2013, 03:16 PM |#6  
Nikhilmendu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAnurag

well i don't know about that...why would anyone want to change imei intentionally

file a FIR in police that's best you can do...or track if that SIM is used again

Filed an fir already and i have asked sony customer care and they said they can't track the phone via imei
15th November 2013, 03:46 PM |#7  
TheCraig's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Helloooooooooooooo
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
I would keep trying Android Device Manager. it's location may pop up when they switch it on or something.
15th November 2013, 06:43 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
sorry for you - but 20 hours of pleasure.
16th November 2013, 06:22 AM |#9  
Nikhilmendu's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCraig

I would keep trying Android Device Manager. it's location may pop up when they switch it on or something.

been trying but no luck theguy have factory resetted or flashed a new rom
16th November 2013, 03:05 PM |#10  
TheCraig's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Helloooooooooooooo
Thanks Meter: 188
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilmendu

been trying but no luck theguy have factory resetted or flashed a new rom

Ahh, I hope you find it, I hate it when you think you lose your phone then you can't feel it in your pocket and then your heart sinks but then you realize its in the other one lol, just losing a phone scares me :P
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lost xperia z1, xperia z1 imei change
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes