Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Switched to t Mobile

Tip us?
 
Bill Idol
Old
#1  
Bill Idol's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 550
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco
Default Switched to t Mobile

Hello, I just switched from att to tmo and I'm the proud owner of the Xperia Z1S. Is this the right xda developers forum to be on even though it says Xperia Z1 not Z1s?
Sent from my C6916 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Bill Idol
1st. device: Sony Xperia Z1S C6916 (I like this waterproof stuff)
Root: Not yet, trying desperately
Bootloader: Locked down tighter than what ever can be locked down tight!!!
2nd device: Moto X Developer Edition
Root: Yes
Bootloader: Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: Stock/ Hacked Up and Modded
Past Devices: htc G1/ htc Nexus One/ Moto Droid/ Moto Droid X/ htc Thunderbolt/ Samsung Galaxy Nexus/ Samsung Galaxy Note 2
 
LaosPerson
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 264
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol View Post
Hello, I just switched from att to tmo and I'm the proud owner of the Xperia Z1S. Is this the right xda developers forum to be on even though it says Xperia Z1 not Z1s?
Sent from my C6916 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Yeah, we don't get a special sub forum for us becuase we're the minority, but be careful what you do, we are model C6916 so don't be flashing roms or you will get a brick cause we also have a locked bootyloader, though some mods for the regular z1 works for the z1s
Current device: Xperia Z1S C6916

Retired:Galaxy S3 I747, Galaxy Note I717
 
Bill Idol
Old
#3  
Bill Idol's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 550
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaosPerson View Post
Yeah, we don't get a special sub forum for us becuase we're the minority, but be careful what you do, we are model C6916 so don't be flashing roms or you will get a brick cause we also have a locked bootyloader, though some mods for the regular z1 works for the z1s
Thanks for the reply, so our C6916 phones do not have an unlockable bootloader? That sucks the big one!!! So what did you do, just root it and use Xposed?

Sent from my C6916 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Bill Idol
1st. device: Sony Xperia Z1S C6916 (I like this waterproof stuff)
Root: Not yet, trying desperately
Bootloader: Locked down tighter than what ever can be locked down tight!!!
2nd device: Moto X Developer Edition
Root: Yes
Bootloader: Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: Stock/ Hacked Up and Modded
Past Devices: htc G1/ htc Nexus One/ Moto Droid/ Moto Droid X/ htc Thunderbolt/ Samsung Galaxy Nexus/ Samsung Galaxy Note 2
 
LaosPerson
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 264
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol View Post
Thanks for the reply, so our C6916 phones do not have an unlockable bootloader? That sucks the big one!!! So what did you do, just root it and use Xposed?

Sent from my C6916 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Pretty much, I also flashed the DreamingonMusic mod in the android development section, it allows the earpiece to become a speaker since the earpiece is pretty loud, basically like the new and refined z2 but not as good obviously, I noticed a difference in louder sound but i wouldn't always have it on loud becuase you could blow the earpiece speaker, also one thing nice is we can use a custom recovery
edit: forgot to answer, yes we can't unlock the bootloader
Current device: Xperia Z1S C6916

Retired:Galaxy S3 I747, Galaxy Note I717
 
Bill Idol
Old
#5  
Bill Idol's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 550
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaosPerson View Post
Pretty much, I also flashed the DreamingonMusic mod in the android development section, it allows the earpiece to become a speaker since the earpiece is pretty loud, basically like the new and refined z2 but not as good obviously, I noticed a difference in louder sound but i wouldn't always have it on loud becuase you could blow the earpiece speaker, also one thing nice is we can use a custom recovery
edit: forgot to answer, yes we can't unlock the bootloader
Nice, thanks for the tip on the earpiece speaker thing, still playing with this phone, kinda upset that tmo didn't have the z2. Also upset that this phone is the same size as the LG G3 and yet the LG has a 5.5" screen and we have only a 5". Seems like the Sony has a lot of wasted space.

Sent from my C6916 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Bill Idol
1st. device: Sony Xperia Z1S C6916 (I like this waterproof stuff)
Root: Not yet, trying desperately
Bootloader: Locked down tighter than what ever can be locked down tight!!!
2nd device: Moto X Developer Edition
Root: Yes
Bootloader: Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: Stock/ Hacked Up and Modded
Past Devices: htc G1/ htc Nexus One/ Moto Droid/ Moto Droid X/ htc Thunderbolt/ Samsung Galaxy Nexus/ Samsung Galaxy Note 2
 
Bill Idol
Old
#6  
Bill Idol's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 550
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaosPerson View Post
Pretty much, I also flashed the DreamingonMusic mod in the android development section, it allows the earpiece to become a speaker since the earpiece is pretty loud, basically like the new and refined z2 but not as good obviously, I noticed a difference in louder sound but i wouldn't always have it on loud becuase you could blow the earpiece speaker, also one thing nice is we can use a custom recovery
edit: forgot to answer, yes we can't unlock the bootloader
Hey boss, let me ask you something, what root method did you use and after you rooted did you put a custom recovery?

Sent from my C6916 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Bill Idol
1st. device: Sony Xperia Z1S C6916 (I like this waterproof stuff)
Root: Not yet, trying desperately
Bootloader: Locked down tighter than what ever can be locked down tight!!!
2nd device: Moto X Developer Edition
Root: Yes
Bootloader: Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: Stock/ Hacked Up and Modded
Past Devices: htc G1/ htc Nexus One/ Moto Droid/ Moto Droid X/ htc Thunderbolt/ Samsung Galaxy Nexus/ Samsung Galaxy Note 2
 
LaosPerson
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 264
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol View Post
Hey boss, let me ask you something, what root method did you use and after you rooted did you put a custom recovery?

Sent from my C6916 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Yeah the phone is kind of big but hey at least you're not pressing things accidentally but anyways yes I have a custom recovery, dual actually philz touch and twrp here's the link on XDA for root recovery and deodex http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...4-4-4-t2839990
FYI, once you get the recovery installed, to boot into it, you have to wait for green LED light and double vibrate happens and press either volume up for philz touch and volume down for twrp
NEWS FLASH : I read in a thread in the general forum that we're getting a custom ROM �� based off miui
Current device: Xperia Z1S C6916

Retired:Galaxy S3 I747, Galaxy Note I717
 
Bill Idol
Old
#8  
Bill Idol's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 550
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaosPerson View Post
Yeah the phone is kind of big but hey at least you're not pressing things accidentally but anyways yes I have a custom recovery, dual actually philz touch and twrp here's the link on XDA for root recovery and deodex http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...4-4-4-t2839990
FYI, once you get the recovery installed, to boot into it, you have to wait for green LED light and double vibrate happens and press either volume up for philz touch and volume down for twrp
NEWS FLASH : I read in a thread in the general forum that we're getting a custom ROM �� based off miui
The custom rom based off miui sounds great. But do you have the same model as I do, C6916 with an un lockable bootloader?

Sent from my Moto X using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Bill Idol
1st. device: Sony Xperia Z1S C6916 (I like this waterproof stuff)
Root: Not yet, trying desperately
Bootloader: Locked down tighter than what ever can be locked down tight!!!
2nd device: Moto X Developer Edition
Root: Yes
Bootloader: Unlocked
Recovery: TWRP
ROM: Stock/ Hacked Up and Modded
Past Devices: htc G1/ htc Nexus One/ Moto Droid/ Moto Droid X/ htc Thunderbolt/ Samsung Galaxy Nexus/ Samsung Galaxy Note 2
 
LaosPerson
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 34
Posts: 264
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Idol View Post
The custom rom based off miui sounds great. But do you have the same model as I do, C6916 with an un lockable bootloader?

Sent from my Moto X using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Yes I do, no unlockable bootloader though, cause we are carrier branded
Current device: Xperia Z1S C6916

Retired:Galaxy S3 I747, Galaxy Note I717

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more

Share Your Thoughts Anonymously with A Minimalist Social Network

Nowadays, almost everyone has a second life onthe Internet. Among the best … more

Enable Heads Up Notifications For The Sprint Galaxy S3

Heads up notifications, in case you didn’t already know, are an experimental … more