Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] unlock bootloader by sony improved ?

OP pradatta

16th July 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

112 posts
as i was surfing on net i found this http://developer.sonymobile.com/2014...-now-improved/ so my question is can we unlock boot loader directly without taking TA backup now ? i m non rooted device so any one please can confirm me ?

and small doubt again i was rooted device before 2 month that time i take TA backup on 4.3 kitkat after that i updated to 4.4 kitkat pure stock not even rooted now so can i use old TA backup now if i want to restore my drm keys or my 1st question is enough to solve my problem ?
16th July 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,546

6,790 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradatta

as i was surfing on net i found this http://developer.sonymobile.com/2014...-now-improved/ so my question is can we unlock boot loader directly without taking TA backup now ? i m non rooted device so any one please can confirm me ?

and small doubt again i was rooted device before 2 month that time i take TA backup on 4.3 kitkat after that i updated to 4.4 kitkat pure stock not even rooted now so can i use old TA backup now if i want to restore my drm keys or my 1st question is enough to solve my problem ?

DRM keys are unique for your your device no matter on which firmware you backup it.

You just need to backup it one time and that's it...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
16th July 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

DRM keys are unique for your your device no matter on which firmware you backup it.

You just need to backup it one time and that's it...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

oh my friend u again helped me thanks but what about my 1st question mate ? is it now not need to take TA backup for our z1 with improved sony procedure ?
16th July 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,566

10,010 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradatta

oh my friend u again helped me thanks but what about my 1st question mate ? is it now not need to take TA backup for our z1 with improved sony procedure ?

I would recommend that you take a TA partition backup if you want to unlock the bootloader, that way it is very easy to relock and restore the DRM keys.

You have always been able to unlock without taking the TA backup, but if you have done it once, then its fine, you never need to do it again
The Following User Says Thank You to gregbradley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread