Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

UX Design in Apps and ROMs w/ Kevin Bruckert – BABBQ2014

This year’s Big Android BBQ has come and gone. While the whole event was … more

Bring Material Design Goodness to Your App with Support Library

At Google I/O 2014, the next iteration of Android was announced and … more
Post Reply

[Q] No unlockable bootloader - SOL?

OP vick1211

13th July 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
So my device says "Bootloader unlock allowed: No" under the "Rooting Status"
Am I just out of luck?
Last edited by Saqib Nazm; 15th July 2014 at 06:17 PM.
13th July 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,044
 
2,055 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Yep, you and me both

People will try and say it is cause of the carriers, yet HTC, LG and Samsung phones on the same carriers are not all locked up. It is the one thing I don't like about this phone, well, that and the viewing angles (coming from a HTC one which had incredible speakers and screen)
13th July 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Iloilo City
Thanks Meter: 1,678
 
2,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley

Yep, you and me both

People will try and say it is cause of the carriers, yet HTC, LG and Samsung phones on the same carriers are not all locked up. It is the one thing I don't like about this phone, well, that and the viewing angles (coming from a HTC one which had incredible speakers and screen)

Don't know about LG or Samsung but I know some HTC devices have their phones locked also when bought from a carrier. But we manage to workaround that issue by achieving S-Off so I guess yeah you're partially right.
14th July 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #4  
SaeedFazlollahzadeh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sari
Thanks Meter: 28
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick1211

So my device says "Bootloader unlock allowed: No" under the "Rooting Status"
Am I just **** out of luck?

So, it seems your phone should be Z1S, that's why all Z1S owners are not allowed to unlock their BL
So, here's the link to install CWM, and also it roots your phone with locked BL
http://techglen.com/2014/07/03/how-t...ed-bootloader/
It helped me a lot, although mine is Z1 C6903, but I locked BL and done step by step as it says
Wish you success
14th July 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaeedFazlollahzadeh

So, it seems your phone should be Z1S, that's why all Z1S owners are not allowed to unlock their BL
So, here's the link to install CWM, and also it roots your phone with locked BL
It helped me a lot, although mine is Z1 C6903, but I locked BL and done step by step as it says
Wish you success

So that worked, but without an unlocked bootloader what kind of roms can I install?
14th July 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #6  
SaeedFazlollahzadeh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sari
Thanks Meter: 28
 
252 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vick1211

So that worked, but without an unlocked bootloader what kind of roms can I install?

I don't think if C6916 has any Roms
Because its BL is locked, so you can not flash any Roms

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
14th July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #7  
mchlbenner's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 497
 
1,721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2008
None at this time maybe after update.

Sent from my C6916 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank