Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

[Q] USB port Disabled | Not Charging

OP yadu11384

28th August 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I connected my z1 on charging after taking few clicks underwater. I saw flickering in charging and got message saying charging paused. After few time, it showed me red warning triangle saying USB disable due too high voltage. After that my usb port has stopped working completely. Neither it's charging nor getting detected on PC. Meanwhile magnetic charging is still functional.

Does anyone know how to enable usb port again??
Last edited by yadu11384; 28th August 2014 at 11:19 AM.
29th August 2014, 09:06 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
help please...
29th August 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,584

2,456 posts
Donate to Me
More
I guess that the water got into the device and there was a short circuit because of that. I guess that you've fried your USB port. I'd get it on a warranty and prey that they would accept it. If they don't then either replace it yourself or get it on repairs. Authorized Sony service is one of the best I guess, but do read the opinions about a particular service because there are many different services.
29th August 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Latakia
Thanks Meter: 1,808

1,032 posts
More
Put the phone in rice bag for 6 hours and open all ports.
After that it should be fixed.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
1st September 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos

I guess that the water got into the device and there was a short circuit because of that. I guess that you've fried your USB port. I'd get it on a warranty and prey that they would accept it. If they don't then either replace it yourself or get it on repairs. Authorized Sony service is one of the best I guess, but do read the opinions about a particular service because there are many different services.

I went to sony service center. they are not repairing it under warranty bcoz of water damage. they are asking for 80% of original price for giving new handset with 1 yr warranty.
Last edited by yadu11384; 1st September 2014 at 10:34 AM.
1st September 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abo hani

Put the phone in rice bag for 6 hours and open all ports.
After that it should be fixed.

i put the phone in bright sunlight for 2hrs n also used hair dryer bt still no response in usb port.
1st September 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos

can be it bcoz of software rather hardware problem? I got the error warning message that disabling USB port due too high voltage. Does android have some security/safety program that block the usb port on facing issue?
1st September 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
after litle research, I found that there is overcharging protection chip.
Quote:

S-8205A/B Series Applications-Optimized-Battery-Protection Circuits.
All contained voltage detectors are of high precision between 15mV and 100mV depending on the function. Overcharge detection voltage is 3.55V..4.4V with 25mV accuracy. Overdischarge detection voltage is 2.0V..3.2V with 80mV accuracy. Discharge overcurrent detection voltage is 0.05V..0.3V with 15mV accuracy and charge overcurrent detection voltage is -0.05V..-0.3V with 30mV accuracy. The detection voltage in short circuit case is 0.5V..1.0V with 100mV accuracy.

somebody know how to enable it?
Last edited by yadu11384; 1st September 2014 at 11:02 AM.
6th September 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Latakia
Thanks Meter: 1,808

1,032 posts
More
If you didn't root it / unlock its bl , take to to Sony Service Center

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread