usb power adapter/ micro usb cable test?

OP ruffblaza

23rd August 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
what is the best way to test a usb power adapter or a micro usb cable? cause in the past i have had problems where the usb power adapter would say a phone is charging but it really wasn't and once i changed it it was all good, also vice versa with the cable, i know this is a good example to know which one has the problem but i would like to know instantly and not a couple days later is there any way?
24th August 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,584

2,456 posts
Donate to Me
More
For the power adapter just check the energetic plate. You'll see input and output there. As long as the power adapter is 5V@1500mah or 5V@1,5A you're good. I actually use 5V@2A for faster charging. You shouldn't go above 2,1a or 2100mah or you'll kill your battery. Slowly it will just get worse and worse battery life. Z1 should limit the current, but I would keep it between 1,5-2,1A anyway.
I had been charging my Z1 with a lots of cables and every one of them was good. Just make sure it's not too long like 5m. (electrical resistance matters)

There's also a module in the stock rom that limits the charging current if your device is running hot. The Z1 can also use more power than it is being charged with. I had this when I was watching a movie with a terrible reception. I dealt with it by turning on the flight mode.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread