Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Weird water damage

Tip us?

markoub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Weird water damage

Hello,

I used my z1 in water and it turned off after a while. Then, a day after, it suddenly turned itself on, and worked for about a day. During that period, there were an issue about battery level, and so on, it showed wrong level, but it worked. Also, i could notice some drops of water under the screen. Afterwards, it turned off, and I couldn't make it work ever since.

But... When I press vol up and power btn it vibrates 3 times. When I hold pow it vibrates once (turns on) and after couple of seconds it obvioulsy starts working, I get audio notices about new mail, SMS and so on. The second I receive mail on computer phone makes a sound as well, so it is actualy on. But... Screen is not working at all...

What can I do?

Thanks

kentexcitebot
Old
(Last edited by kentexcitebot; 7th July 2014 at 12:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
You can try drying your phone through rice and forget about it for a couple days, however I recommend you send your phone in since the screen is already not working. If you want though, to reduce cost, you can replace the parts yourself, but it's very hard to find the parts, diagnosing what's working and not, and performing the assembly / disassembly process.
The Following User Says Thank You to kentexcitebot For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

punkt
Old
Thanks Meter 57
there are videos how to take z1 into parts, but it is not easy, seriously. i would also try opening ports and put phone into rice for some days.

t1mman
Old
Thanks Meter 207

DONATE TO ME
Just one question, have you tried contacting Sony? The device is IP certified, should be covered under waranty.