Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more
Post Reply

Wifi Connection Issue .108 + .118

31st July 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
So as Im sure everyone here knows, new firmware updates have rolled out...

For some odd reason, though, I cannot enjoy them. I came from iHackers 4.1 ROM and attempted to update to the Criskelo .118 ROM. All went okay, except the wifi kept saying "turning on."

Then, amongst other problems, I tried to go to just a stock .108 by downgrading... Still, "turning on wifi."

I'm not sure if there is any relevance, but I had Phil/TWRP dual recovery installed. The Criskelo ROM instructions said I had to have CWM if on a locked bootloader, but I am unlocked. Perhaps I misunderstood and it has to be CWM for both? I did notice that despite many efforts to get my dual recovery back, I was stuck with CWM (I did get dual back though eventually).

So could the problem have been with the conflicting recoveries? And perhaps it didn't install the kernel or ROM properly?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
31st July 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 591
 
1,049 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTech13

So as Im sure everyone here knows, new firmware updates have rolled out...

For some odd reason, though, I cannot enjoy them. I came from iHackers 4.1 ROM and attempted to update to the Criskelo .118 ROM. All went okay, except the wifi kept saying "turning on."

Then, amongst other problems, I tried to go to just a stock .108 by downgrading... Still, "turning on wifi."

I'm not sure if there is any relevance, but I had Phil/TWRP dual recovery installed. The Criskelo ROM instructions said I had to have CWM if on a locked bootloader, but I am unlocked. Perhaps I misunderstood and it has to be CWM for both? I did notice that despite many efforts to get my dual recovery back, I was stuck with CWM (I did get dual back though eventually).

So could the problem have been with the conflicting recoveries? And perhaps it didn't install the kernel or ROM properly?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

The recovery has nothing to do with the functionality of wifi or anything in the ROM for that matter. Did you do a full wipe before installing the Criskelo ROM?

Other than that, make sure you're using the right baseband for .118. (if it even has changed)

If that all fails, make a backup of everything on your phone (also your internal 'sdcard') and do a full re-install of the official .118 ROM using flashtool.
2nd August 2014, 09:12 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny

The recovery has nothing to do with the functionality of wifi or anything in the ROM for that matter. Did you do a full wipe before installing the Criskelo ROM?

Other than that, make sure you're using the right baseband for .118. (if it even has changed)

If that all fails, make a backup of everything on your phone (also your internal 'sdcard') and do a full re-install of the official .118 ROM using flashtool.

Yup, I made sure to do a full wipe before I installed it. I did do a backup of my internal and external SD cards just in case something managed to go wrong somehow... Im pretty sure I used the correct baseband, but I will double-check and also try your suggested method using flashtool. I'll let you know how it goes, and thanks for the response!
2nd August 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTech13

Yup, I made sure to do a full wipe before I installed it. I did do a backup of my internal and external SD cards just in case something managed to go wrong somehow... Im pretty sure I used the correct baseband, but I will double-check and also try your suggested method using flashtool. I'll let you know how it goes, and thanks for the response!

Still nothing... I did more wipes/factory resets with this phone than I have ever done. lol
3rd August 2014, 12:56 PM   |  #5  
RyTekk's Avatar
Member
Flag Nha Trang
Thanks Meter: 9
 
86 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTech13

Still nothing... I did more wipes/factory resets with this phone than I have ever done. lol

You had better bring your phone to the service if you don't want WiFi module dies.
3rd August 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Forgive me for asking, but what would be wrong with the module? Wouldn't it not work at all of that were the case? It's working right now...

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium
5th August 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTech13

Forgive me for asking, but what would be wrong with the module? Wouldn't it not work at all of that were the case? It's working right now...

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

Alright so it's definitely not the module. I just flashed PAC's 4.4.4 Beta ROM. The wifi successfully turns on and I am able to view networks, as well as connect to them. So why then, can I not seem to get wifi working on stock based 4.4.4 or .108/.118 ROMs? Any ideas?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank