Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 43,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi Connection Issue .108 + .118

Tip us?

ShadowTech13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Wifi Connection Issue .108 + .118

So as Im sure everyone here knows, new firmware updates have rolled out...

For some odd reason, though, I cannot enjoy them. I came from iHackers 4.1 ROM and attempted to update to the Criskelo .118 ROM. All went okay, except the wifi kept saying "turning on."

Then, amongst other problems, I tried to go to just a stock .108 by downgrading... Still, "turning on wifi."

I'm not sure if there is any relevance, but I had Phil/TWRP dual recovery installed. The Criskelo ROM instructions said I had to have CWM if on a locked bootloader, but I am unlocked. Perhaps I misunderstood and it has to be CWM for both? I did notice that despite many efforts to get my dual recovery back, I was stuck with CWM (I did get dual back though eventually).

So could the problem have been with the conflicting recoveries? And perhaps it didn't install the kernel or ROM properly?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

B1nny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 591

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTech13 View Post
So as Im sure everyone here knows, new firmware updates have rolled out...

For some odd reason, though, I cannot enjoy them. I came from iHackers 4.1 ROM and attempted to update to the Criskelo .118 ROM. All went okay, except the wifi kept saying "turning on."

Then, amongst other problems, I tried to go to just a stock .108 by downgrading... Still, "turning on wifi."

I'm not sure if there is any relevance, but I had Phil/TWRP dual recovery installed. The Criskelo ROM instructions said I had to have CWM if on a locked bootloader, but I am unlocked. Perhaps I misunderstood and it has to be CWM for both? I did notice that despite many efforts to get my dual recovery back, I was stuck with CWM (I did get dual back though eventually).

So could the problem have been with the conflicting recoveries? And perhaps it didn't install the kernel or ROM properly?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
The recovery has nothing to do with the functionality of wifi or anything in the ROM for that matter. Did you do a full wipe before installing the Criskelo ROM?

Other than that, make sure you're using the right baseband for .118. (if it even has changed)

If that all fails, make a backup of everything on your phone (also your internal 'sdcard') and do a full re-install of the official .118 ROM using flashtool.
"However, if you put any trust in Benchmark Scores you could use them
to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance" - Chainfire

ShadowTech13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1nny View Post
The recovery has nothing to do with the functionality of wifi or anything in the ROM for that matter. Did you do a full wipe before installing the Criskelo ROM?

Other than that, make sure you're using the right baseband for .118. (if it even has changed)

If that all fails, make a backup of everything on your phone (also your internal 'sdcard') and do a full re-install of the official .118 ROM using flashtool.
Yup, I made sure to do a full wipe before I installed it. I did do a backup of my internal and external SD cards just in case something managed to go wrong somehow... Im pretty sure I used the correct baseband, but I will double-check and also try your suggested method using flashtool. I'll let you know how it goes, and thanks for the response!

ShadowTech13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Yup, I made sure to do a full wipe before I installed it. I did do a backup of my internal and external SD cards just in case something managed to go wrong somehow... Im pretty sure I used the correct baseband, but I will double-check and also try your suggested method using flashtool. I'll let you know how it goes, and thanks for the response!
Still nothing... I did more wipes/factory resets with this phone than I have ever done. lol

RyTekk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Still nothing... I did more wipes/factory resets with this phone than I have ever done. lol
You had better bring your phone to the service if you don't want WiFi module dies.

ShadowTech13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Forgive me for asking, but what would be wrong with the module? Wouldn't it not work at all of that were the case? It's working right now...

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium

ShadowTech13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Forgive me for asking, but what would be wrong with the module? Wouldn't it not work at all of that were the case? It's working right now...

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium
Alright so it's definitely not the module. I just flashed PAC's 4.4.4 Beta ROM. The wifi successfully turns on and I am able to view networks, as well as connect to them. So why then, can I not seem to get wifi working on stock based 4.4.4 or .108/.118 ROMs? Any ideas?