Ask a question

No registration required

Xperia Z1 NFC stopped working

OP Darth_Knoppix

22nd July 2014, 10:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I am using an Xperia Z1 (C6903) and have been using NFC up until recently when it stopped working. I am able to enable/disable NFC however the status bar icon dose not display like it used to.

Under the "service menu -> NFC Diag Test" it states that "Swp... No NFC SIM Detected - Failed" and it says tag reading enabled however nothing happens when used with NFC tags.The phone is not rooted and is running the stock Sony Android 4.4.4 Build 14.4.1.0.108.

I have used Sony's PC Companion to "repair" the phone and reset it to factory settings however it did nothing, any help would be much appreciated.
27th July 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
More
i get the same message in the NFC Diag Test : try using the NFC tag from sony or any tag for that matter and see if you get this also make sure you turn NFC ON and airplane mode off .

5th August 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
I tried this and it says tag reading enabled however nothing happens when placed on an NFC tag. The hardware of driver does not seem to be working correctly.
Last edited by Darth_Knoppix; 6th August 2014 at 09:20 PM.
7th August 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
I have flashed my device with an older 4.2.2 firmware build #: 14.1.G.2.257 using Flashtool.
On startup, a dialogue box displayed a message about updating NFC firmware.
I tried reading an NFC tag on this firmware and it is still not working. It could be a hardware issue if it is still not working after being flashed.
7th August 2014, 10:52 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Knoppix

I have flashed my device with an older 4.2.2 firmware build #: 14.1.G.2.257 using Flashtool.
On startup, a dialogue box displayed a message about updating NFC firmware.
I tried reading an NFC tag on this firmware and it is still not working. It could be a hardware issue if it is still not working after being flashed.

Then it sound like a hardware issue . Take it to a repair shop and they should be able to help you . Sry this happend to you .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread