Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z1 NFC stopped working

Tip us?

Darth_Knoppix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Xperia Z1 NFC stopped working

I am using an Xperia Z1 (C6903) and have been using NFC up until recently when it stopped working. I am able to enable/disable NFC however the status bar icon dose not display like it used to.

Under the "service menu -> NFC Diag Test" it states that "Swp... No NFC SIM Detected - Failed" and it says tag reading enabled however nothing happens when used with NFC tags.The phone is not rooted and is running the stock Sony Android 4.4.4 Build 14.4.1.0.108.

I have used Sony's PC Companion to "repair" the phone and reset it to factory settings however it did nothing, any help would be much appreciated.

cyrus_0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i get the same message in the NFC Diag Test : try using the NFC tag from sony or any tag for that matter and see if you get this also make sure you turn NFC ON and airplane mode off .

Darth_Knoppix
Old
(Last edited by Darth_Knoppix; 6th August 2014 at 08:20 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I tried this and it says tag reading enabled however nothing happens when placed on an NFC tag. The hardware of driver does not seem to be working correctly.

Darth_Knoppix
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have flashed my device with an older 4.2.2 firmware build #: 14.1.G.2.257 using Flashtool.
On startup, a dialogue box displayed a message about updating NFC firmware.
I tried reading an NFC tag on this firmware and it is still not working. It could be a hardware issue if it is still not working after being flashed.

cyrus_0ne
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Knoppix View Post
I have flashed my device with an older 4.2.2 firmware build #: 14.1.G.2.257 using Flashtool.
On startup, a dialogue box displayed a message about updating NFC firmware.
I tried reading an NFC tag on this firmware and it is still not working. It could be a hardware issue if it is still not working after being flashed.
Then it sound like a hardware issue . Take it to a repair shop and they should be able to help you . Sry this happend to you .