Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,312 Members 39,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z1 auto reboot

Tip us?
 
hkwai
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ipoh

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Z1 auto reboot

I'm on Sony stock rom non rooted.

Sometimes when using WhatsApp, WeChat, I'll be typing a message to someone and suddenly the phone will freeze for a good 5-10 seconds before restarting itself. Whenever a crash like this happens, it will automatically restart. Same with using any random app, sometimes even viewing Album or using the camera.

It will automatically restart even when idling. I tried update to the Official 14.4.A.0.108 Firmware but the problem still exists. Is this clearly software or phone issue? Please help.
 
Ahki767
Old
#2  
Ahki767's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 327
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: CAT
Seems like an issue with the phone itself as everything is stock. How long have you been using it before noticing the problems?
The Following User Says Thank You to Ahki767 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mr.loverlover
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 92
Join Date: Jun 2014
I had this kind of issue when I used custom, overclocked kennel, but if you're running stock rom then just give it back to warranty.

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore
Devices until now:
SE K600i ->SE G900 -> Xperia X10 -> Sgs 2 -> Note n7000 -> Lg L9 II D605 -> s4 zoom -> Note 2 N7105 -> Note 2 N7100 -> Xperia Z -> S4 Zoom -> Lg G2 -> Xperia Z1 -> Galaxy S4 -> Xperia Z1 (White) -> Htc One M8
The Following User Says Thank You to mr.loverlover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
hkwai
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ipoh

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahki767 View Post
Seems like an issue with the phone itself as everything is stock. How long have you been using it before noticing the problems?
I just got it like last week .. it came with 4.4.2 & the issue already arise so i thought maybe updating it would help. Using the Sony PC Companion repair wont help either.
 
hkwai
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ipoh

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.loverlover View Post
I had this kind of issue when I used custom, overclocked kennel, but if you're running stock rom then just give it back to warranty.

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore
Yeah, warranty is the only choice i guess .. lol
 
kaosdroid
Old
#6  
kaosdroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 404
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: caen
Do a battery test
 
RyTekk
Old
#7  
RyTekk's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 67
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nha Trang
Try to flash stock rom by flashtool, then go to service center if it's still get rebooting.
 
SaeedFazlollahzadeh
Old
#8  
SaeedFazlollahzadeh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 215
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sari
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwai View Post
I'm on Sony stock rom non rooted.

Sometimes when using WhatsApp, WeChat, I'll be typing a message to someone and suddenly the phone will freeze for a good 5-10 seconds before restarting itself. Whenever a crash like this happens, it will automatically restart. Same with using any random app, sometimes even viewing Album or using the camera.

It will automatically restart even when idling. I tried update to the Official 14.4.A.0.108 Firmware but the problem still exists. Is this clearly software or phone issue? Please help.
The last way always is flashing stock Rom
After that and if it didn't work, you should go to service center
History is written by Winners

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more

Add the Xperia Z2 Lock Screen to Your Favorite KitKat ROM

Almost every OEM adds its own unique flair to their stock firmwares. While some of … more

Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more