Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Z1 Not powering down!!!

OP ifti786

2nd July 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 18

122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifti786

Hello
I own a Z1 C6903 running KitKat 4.4.2 not rooted and locked BL
A couple of days into installing the KitKat update, I gave the phone to my dad who borrowed it until a week ago. He noticed that when holding down the power button and select the power off option, the click yes to shut-down thingy didn't pop up so the phone has never been switched off for over a month. The phone also ran extreeeemely slow with camera app on 4.3 loading in less than a second but now taking over ten seconds simply to load the app, 5 seconds to open up the camera and crashes out all the time. Free RAM has dropped from around 1GB free to less than 500mb at times. I used the repair option in PC Companion which worked so the phone could switch off and the phone ran smoothly (I used Helium Backup to backup my apps before doing the 'Repair' on PC Companion) until the next day where it had the same issue. The camera now just won't load at all and I'm stuck. Free RAM is less than 200mb. Bearing in mind I'm not rooted and running bone dry stock, what can I do to fix this? I need a working phone fast.

I had the same issue, that the phone wasn't shutting down.
It was because of corrupted data (after update).
Wiping data should fix that problem.
2nd July 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 34

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

My apologies, I forgot you were not rooted (Is there any reason you don't want to root?). Also, transfering from internal storage should not take 6 hours....

When you have the world's slowest laptop then it does, , I had to remove everything from my external sd to my laptop then transfer internal storage to my external card as my laptop wouldn't allow me to do this on it so I had to do it from the phone directly and then restore internal storage and external sd (that's 29GB used) but I don't want to root because it'll void warranty and also as my dad also uses this phone occasionally and I've killed off most of my phones by rooting them and in one case bricking them, he doesn't want me to root it...
2nd July 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.loverlover

I had the same issue, that the phone wasn't shutting down.
It was because of corrupted data (after update).
Wiping data should fix that problem.

100% sure of this?
The Following User Says Thank You to ifti786 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd July 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #14  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 106

488 posts
More
Make sure quick boot is disabled in developers options!

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1404334009495.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	2829325  
3rd July 2014, 07:17 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 18

122 posts
More
Quote:

100% sure of this?

Yeah.
I switched to antoher ROM and restored data and after some while I've noticed that it wan't shutting down.

You said that You've tried repairing Your phone, but if the data hasn't been wiped then nothing will change.
So, If You haven't tried wiping data until now, then do it. (if You have a rooted device then You always might do a nandroid & titanium backup.)
Wiping data is a basic thing when changing to another ROM, because there always might be an issue with something, like for example this powering off device.
One more question, can You open input languages menu in the settings (this was a second problem I had after ROM change, it forced close)?
4th July 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

231 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.loverlover

Yeah.
I switched to antoher ROM and restored data and after some while I've noticed that it wan't shutting down.

You said that You've tried repairing Your phone, but if the data hasn't been wiped then nothing will change.
So, If You haven't tried wiping data until now, then do it. (if You have a rooted device then You always might do a nandroid & titanium backup.)
Wiping data is a basic thing when changing to another ROM, because there always might be an issue with something, like for example this powering off device.
One more question, can You open input languages menu in the settings (this was a second problem I had after ROM change, it forced close)?

Yep
4th July 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

231 posts
More
Quote:

Yep

This issue of not powering down is solved, my friend recommended I install all my apps fresh without restoring them from a backup and this worked. However my free ram and camera lag isn't sorted

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread