Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,347 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z1 good enough.? What u think

Tip us?

sparxx4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 266
Default Z1 good enough.? What u think

Hi everyone.
Im about to get a new phone and im confused with
Z1 or HTC m8
Any one had compare this phone together.?
I'v heard that z1 camera is way better than the m8 is that true?
I wud be glad to hear both sides. The advantage and disadvantage of the z1 or HTC m8
Thank you in advance

And yes I had Xperia S for 2 years
Hit me a thanks if i helped you
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Xperian TeAm[/COLOR]
http://im33.gulfup.com/oFEHY.png

tomascus
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx4 View Post
Hi everyone.
Im about to get a new phone and im confused with
Z1 or HTC m8
Any one had compare this phone together.?
I'v heard that z1 camera is way better than the m8 is that true?
I wud be glad to hear both sides. The advantage and disadvantage of the z1 or HTC m8
Thank you in advance

And yes I had Xperia S for 2 years
A good idea to start is to use google and youtube to search. I just did it, took around 6 seconds and found many results.

sparxx4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 266
I did that already
Its not a big deal to see what others thought and if they satisfied with there z1
Hit me a thanks if i helped you
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Xperian TeAm[/COLOR]
http://im33.gulfup.com/oFEHY.png

123.xxx
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I think Z1 is better than M8, I dont talk about the hardware, I talk about the experience

t1mman
Old
Thanks Meter 207

DONATE TO ME
I personnaly don't like the HTC UI, it's a lot heavier than sony's and it's weirdly placed (compared to Google Experience or even sony's).

Overall, I think the Sony's UI is intuitive and clean, closer to a stock Google Experience.

Aegethir
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I haven't had any first hand experience with M8, just felt it in hand at a service provider's stand, and I quite don't like it. It has a pretty weird length/width ratio, making it look elongated, and not wide enough. Plus, just like fellow posters mentioned it, HTC Sense UI doesn't make much sense to me, so to speak.

As for Z1, it looks just as classy (if not more so), cleaner and lighter UI, blazingly fast, better camera. Not to mention battery life. Have been happily using this Z1 since last November, best smartphone I've had so far.

So, in my opinion, go for Z1.

0000alex0000
Old
Thanks Meter 31
if you drive and use navigation app alot, stay away from z1, or probably from android. this sh*t can't even run a navigation + music player through bluetooth at the same time for 1 or 2 hours. reinstalling the firmware doesn't help. huge joke for this much hardware specs... as a driver who has to drive at long distances, i really regret getting the z1, or android... even my 3 years old nokia n8 can do a better job, seriously. so much for android's failed multitasking

Aegethir
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000alex0000 View Post
if you drive and use navigation app alot, stay away from z1, or probably from android. this sh*t can't even run a navigation + music player through bluetooth at the same time for 1 or 2 hours. reinstalling the firmware doesn't help. huge joke for this much hardware specs... as a driver who has to drive at long distances, i really regret getting the z1, or android... even my 3 years old nokia n8 can do a better job, seriously. so much for android's failed multitasking
I am sorry you have such problems, which, honestly I have never experienced. And, yes, I have been using navigation on the Z1, and the music player at the same time. Haven't had any problems on JB, and no problems on KK.

Perhaps you should use a GPS dedicated unit for long distances (I have got a Becker Ready 50, for that matter) although I have used the Z1's navigation for the past 6 months, with no problems whatsoever.

So going on like this will not help the OP, since both phones he mentioned run on Android, and both use the same Bluetooth protocols and also same Google Maps navigation system. But since you mentioned that Nokia N8, well, maybe he should reconsider then.

0000alex0000
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegethir View Post
I am sorry you have such problems, which, honestly I have never experienced. And, yes, I have been using navigation on the Z1, and the music player at the same time. Haven't had any problems on JB, and no problems on KK.

Perhaps you should use a GPS dedicated unit for long distances (I have got a Becker Ready 50, for that matter) although I have used the Z1's navigation for the past 6 months, with no problems whatsoever.

So going on like this will not help the OP, since both phones he mentioned run on Android, and both use the same Bluetooth protocols and also same Google Maps navigation system. But since you mentioned that Nokia N8, well, maybe he should reconsider then.
actually... the problem was that if i drive about 1 hour, the navigation and walkman player will just shut off by themselves, no force close window, nothing... even if they won't shut off by themselves, sometimes they are stuttered and laggy... same thing will happen even if you only use navigation... there is no problem if you are using the navigation for short distances but it's quite dangerous when that problem actually happens on the road.

don't go get N8, i was just saying. the app quality and quantity are too horrible. if OP really only wants to choose between these two, then definitely Z1 (camera), although it won't be a mistake to choose M8 (build quality). but if OP relies heavily on navigation like me, then go get a Lumia.

crixley
Old
Thanks Meter 1037
For everything other than camera and waterproofing, go for m8.

The screen, speakers, sound, etc are light years ahead.

Also way way more development
Current Devices: Xperia Z1
Past Devices: Too many to list, I change them like I change my underwear