OP OmarEinea

10th October 2014, 10:18 PM   |  #51  
Flag Earth Europe Germany
Thanks Meter: 36

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukensteinz

Hi there. Are you using TWRP for recovery? If so, have you had any issues with filesystems not being detected and mounted, no matter what fstab you use?
I've had nothing but difficulty getting TWRP 2.8 to mount any FS at all.

Cheers.

Yes, I'm using TWRP for recovery. No issues with regards to file systems - I didn't even have to mess around with /etc/fstab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnrgKrshn

Guys, how's the battery on this? I found I have the best battery only on stock ROMs. Can anyone post their battery?

Pretty good: using Z1 as a daily driver, there's still about 51-55% left when I plug it back in, right before I go to bed.
Will post an image tomorrow.

Regarding Stamina mode: yes, it saves more battery than Omni ROM. Though, it's no Omni, so no wiggling ears of our beloved robot upon boot - and therefore no option for me.
11th October 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #52  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 188

771 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle3386

Yes, I'm using TWRP for recovery. No issues with regards to file systems - I didn't even have to mess around with /etc/fstab.

Pretty good: using Z1 as a daily driver, there's still about 51-55% left when I plug it back in, right before I go to bed.
Will post an image tomorrow.

Regarding Stamina mode: yes, it saves more battery than Omni ROM. Though, it's no Omni, so no wiggling ears of our beloved robot upon boot - and therefore no option for me.

Haha, I don't really use stamina mode and usually get around 16 hours with 3 hours screen on. Is that what you get? Usually AOSP is supposed to have better battery right? That was my experience with the Xperia S :P

EDIT: Just flashed, everything looks good, but I can't find multi window :/
Last edited by AnrgKrshn; 12th October 2014 at 07:34 AM.
16th October 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #53  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag UAE, Dubai
Thanks Meter: 2,440

1,292 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wow it's been a while since the last update, how lazy of me,
I'll be providing updates frequently soon

More info about why: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56047233

Regards,
Omar.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OmarEinea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 114

596 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarEinea

Wow it's been a while since the last update, how lazy of me,
I'll be providing updates frequently soon

More info about why: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=56047233

Regards,
Omar.

Any news about Pimp kernel for Z1 ?

Thanks
16th October 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 27

89 posts
Quote:

Haha, I don't really use stamina mode and usually get around 16 hours with 3 hours screen on. Is that what you get? Usually AOSP is supposed to have better battery right? That was my experience with the Xperia S :P

EDIT: Just flashed, everything looks good, but I can't find multi window :/

I know I am just popping in without invitation, I have used a few CM based roms but I always had more than 6 hours of Screen On time and over 23 hours of standby on my Z1. AOSP roms have better battery consumption than stock roms afaib.
The Following User Says Thank You to srqrox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #56  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 188

771 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srqrox

I know I am just popping in without invitation, I have used a few CM based roms but I always had more than 6 hours of Screen On time and over 23 hours of standby on my Z1. AOSP roms have better battery consumption than stock roms afaib.

I never managed to achieve this kind of battery performance. The phone spends most of the day on 2G (To save battery) Or wifi, with occasional jaunts on 3G in case I need speed. I usually use it to text and browse 9gag, and maybe game every once in a while. Today, I used it only for 9gag and whatsapp, most of the time it was on standby, made quite a few calls, I have 15h 25m on standby 3h 33m on calls 2h 32m screen on, and my battery is at 17%. I didn't use stamina mode, so I'm wondering if it's just my apps and usage, or if my mobile signal is causing a lot of drain. Maybe I should disable Fast Dormancy, I don't think my carrier supports it. Any thoughts?
16th October 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 27

89 posts
Quote:

I never managed to achieve this kind of battery performance. The phone spends most of the day on 2G (To save battery) Or wifi, with occasional jaunts on 3G in case I need speed. I usually use it to text and browse 9gag, and maybe game every once in a while. Today, I used it only for 9gag and whatsapp, most of the time it was on standby, made quite a few calls, I have 15h 25m on standby 3h 33m on calls 2h 32m screen on, and my battery is at 17%. I didn't use stamina mode, so I'm wondering if it's just my apps and usage, or if my mobile signal is causing a lot of drain. Maybe I should disable Fast Dormancy, I don't think my carrier supports it. Any thoughts?

Disable fast dormancy, it helps.
Change Preferred Connection type to 2G.
In Wifi settings, go to advanced and disable Always Searching.
Turn of Touch Sounds and Keypress Vibrations.
My screen is always set on Auto-Brightness, so try that instead of always having it at 50 percent.
Use Pimped Kernel Light version + camera fix for CM ROMs.
(As Pimped hasn't been updated it doesnt include the new commits so you would need Camera Fix apk).
The Following User Says Thank You to srqrox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #58  
Flag Earth Europe Germany
Thanks Meter: 36

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naitik2012

Any news about Pimp kernel for Z1 ?

Thanks

Don't wait for it. I've been running it for some time now - it's horrible with regards to battery as well as performance. Omni's stock kernel offers all you probably ever need.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
honami, kitkat 4.4.4, omni, unofficial, xperia z1
Previous Thread Next Thread