Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,566 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Magnetic charge

Tip us?

elgyj
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Magnetic charge

Magnetic Charging Dock , http://dx-box.com/magnetic-charging-...z2-tablet.html

Magnetic USB Charging Cable, http://dx-box.com/new-aluminum-magne...z2-tablet.html

kbroh
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The link to the charging dock is a Chinese replica... And has issues over charging device.

As for the link containing the magnetic charging cord: cool design. But beware of the magnets they use... There's a lot of reviews out there of weak magnets that can hold the charger to the device well and it will alter your charge cycle. I have a $12 one like that in the picture and it was rated very well but is not worth it still.

The Sony magnetic dock is by far the best for the xperia z2 tablet. Charge a $500 device on a good quality charger... Not on a knock off!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 Unchained using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DaddyWhale
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Magnetic charging adapter

I have the Magnector X magnetic charging adapter and have no complaints as a charging method. The magnet however does not seem strong enough to stay attached while using the tablet in your hands. It's sold on amazon for about $14 currently.

Aredubu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought one of these and the magnets are plenty strong.

Rusty_Gunn
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have a magnetic adapter (from ebay) for the oem charger. its a bit finicky to get on and needs to lay flat or it looses connection. still better than dealing with the flap to get to the mini usb port.

teriusj1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dual Charging

How would the tablet respond if I charge it with the official Sony magnetic charger and an USB cable? Like would it charge faster?

Aredubu
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yes.

Sent from my SGP512 using XDA Free mobile app

Hyperdmg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just ordered my Z2 Tablet from Sony USA. Comes with the Sony charging dock for free. Free shipping too, make a student account and get $25 off . Don't know how long the dock will be free, but for anyone looking it comes with the tablet on the site.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperdmg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]