Ask a question

No registration required

USB Ethernet working

OP pinyon

7th August 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

1 posts
I had an ASUS USB ethernet adapter sitting around and thought I'd see if it worked with the Z2. Plugged in a USB OTG cable and the ethernet adapter, turned off wi-fi, and surfed away on the LAN. Of course not a common need but I thought I'd share my results for those that might be somewhere with only a wired connection.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pinyon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Asus Usb ethernet adapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinyon

I had an ASUS USB ethernet adapter sitting around and thought I'd see if it worked with the Z2. Plugged in a USB OTG cable and the ethernet adapter, turned off wi-fi, and surfed away on the LAN. Of course not a common need but I thought I'd share my results for those that might be somewhere with only a wired connection.

Nice one. But one question which asus adapter did you get I'm on ebay and I'm seeing several models. Can you post the model number on yours seems like some have different chipsets on them and I wanna make sure I order the right one. Thanks.
29th October 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 132

565 posts
More
Any answer to this? I am looking at purchasing the Z2 and wired ethernet is a need for me.
12th November 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #4  

565 posts
More
Since there was no reply updating this I have ordered one off eBay and will report which one it is and if it works or not when I receive it.
The Following User Says Thank You to da_reeseboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th November 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #5  

565 posts
More
The one I ordered off eBay worked fine for me. This is the eBay link -http://m.ebay.com/itm/261423773411?_mwBanner=1
It's an Original OEM Asus USB to RJ45 Ethernet Lan Adapter Part #90-XB3900CA00000 for those that find this after that eBay link is dead.

Just for reference, I initially purchased one off Amazon that was not an Asus brand and it didn't work... I believe it was made by CableMatters.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread