XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bt keyboard and mouse stutter while on wifi

Tip us?

jismail
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Bt keyboard and mouse stutter while on wifi

Are there any hacks, settings, or drivers that can be adjusted in either the os, or bt stack, or wifi drivers to help reduce the repeating key/mouse stutter that seems to be common in KitKat when on wifi simultaneously? Keyboard pro is a help but it is still very hard to use the bt peripherals effectively whilenthey are jumping all around the screen......

I have heard this is only an issue on 2.4 GHz networks, is that true?

SANGER_A2
Old
Thanks Meter 21
The wifi and Bluetooth are on the same chip. They don't like to run at the same time! It's a hardware issue, not software that no manufacturer seems to care about. Every Android device I have used has issues when using both at the same time. For example, Bluetooth headphones for watching youtube videos means the wifi cuts out every few minutes. A possible solution would be a cheap usb Bluetooth dongle via USB otg.

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Use 5 GHz Wifi, then the problem should be solved.

jismail
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966 View Post
Use 5 GHz Wifi, then the problem should be solved.
My gateway router only offers 2.4ghz. Do most home network devices, ie: Tv, blueray, printers, all support 5 GHz or is that only on new or special devices?

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 160
A router which has 5 Ghz WiFi always also has 2.4 Ghz because indeed only some devices support 5 Ghz, so a router with only 5 Ghz would be very limited in usage.