Bt keyboard and mouse stutter while on wifi

OP jismail

27th August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
Are there any hacks, settings, or drivers that can be adjusted in either the os, or bt stack, or wifi drivers to help reduce the repeating key/mouse stutter that seems to be common in KitKat when on wifi simultaneously? Keyboard pro is a help but it is still very hard to use the bt peripherals effectively whilenthey are jumping all around the screen......

I have heard this is only an issue on 2.4 GHz networks, is that true?
28th August 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 23

135 posts
The wifi and Bluetooth are on the same chip. They don't like to run at the same time! It's a hardware issue, not software that no manufacturer seems to care about. Every Android device I have used has issues when using both at the same time. For example, Bluetooth headphones for watching youtube videos means the wifi cuts out every few minutes. A possible solution would be a cheap usb Bluetooth dongle via USB otg.
28th August 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 179

766 posts
Use 5 GHz Wifi, then the problem should be solved.
28th August 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966

Use 5 GHz Wifi, then the problem should be solved.

My gateway router only offers 2.4ghz. Do most home network devices, ie: Tv, blueray, printers, all support 5 GHz or is that only on new or special devices?
29th August 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 179

766 posts
A router which has 5 Ghz WiFi always also has 2.4 Ghz because indeed only some devices support 5 Ghz, so a router with only 5 Ghz would be very limited in usage.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread