Energy saving feature

Do you think this energy saving feature is reasonable?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

datalkingx

Sep 13, 2012
Hi guys,
Recently, I was using this tablet to play a video under "Stamina mode" and all other energy saving features turned on in Settings/Power Management and discovered a phenomenon that I don't know previously.
A phenomenon was observed, the display shuts itself off at random times when and only when the device is being held up-side-down.
Turning off "Stamina mode" and this phenomenon does not reappear.
I can not think of any reason why this should occur and not when the device is held in any other orientation.
This tablet's screen can be turned on/off with a magnet in cover.
However, if the user decides to relax and use the tablet while up-side-down, I don't see the intelligent side of this in Stamina mode while device is held up-side-down.
Really, try it out on your tablet, this phenomenon is hysterical and quite annoying.
Do you use the tablet up-side-down?
And do you think this is a reasonable feature?

coreo

Apr 3, 2008
yes i have noticed it i thought i was going mad.... but i have repeated it several times.. i quite often rest the tablet upside down under my nose to watch the tv then i flip it back up and the screens turned off.!! i thought i must have bumped the power switch or something, but I've repeated it several times now... very odd if is a feature. it's like flip to sleep or something...

i just had a thought maybe in stamina mode it turns this on.... flip to turn off or it's the eye ball tracking thingy when it can't see you looking at the screen it turns it off.....

just had a look in display settings its called smart back light control. but its not turned on.. so it's not that.
must just be the tilt sensor is enabled to turn the screen off when it's tilted flat on it's face..

Last edited:

datalkingx

Sep 13, 2012
yes i have noticed it i thought i was going mad.... but i have repeated it several times.. i quite often rest the tablet upside down under my nose to watch the tv then i flip it back up and the screens turned off.!! i thought i must have bumped the power switch or something, but I've repeated it several times now... very odd if is a feature. it's like flip to sleep or something...

i just had a thought maybe in stamina mode it turns this on.... flip to turn off or it's the eye ball tracking thingy when it can't see you looking at the screen it turns it off.....

just had a look in display settings its called smart back light control. but its not turned on.. so it's not that.
must just be the tilt sensor is enabled to turn the screen off when it's tilted flat on it's face..

I have experimented with this several times. It depends on whether or not the device has moved or stationary.
Since, this only happens face down, so it is annoying. :cowboy:

So, it's like telling you not to lying on your back to watch a Firework show using Stamina mode for example.
If you lay the device face down on a table using Stamina mode it will turn off the screen shortly after obviously to save energy.
And if it is held up-side-down it turns off the screen randomly as it detects no motion. So, the user isn't likely to continuously shake the device while looking at the device up-side-down for any reason.