FORUMS

AOSP 5.1 Lollipop for Nexus Q

Google Nexus Q is an intriguing device released with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It was abandoned by … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (Apr 17 – 24)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] faulty screen? lots of green dots and specs

8th March 2015, 12:24 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I have the exact same problem gonna send it off when I got the time mine has green blue and red pixels all over and one completely dead near the bottom left i sent my old water damaged xperia z before all went well so should with this hope to get it fix soon

13th March 2015, 09:54 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbowden

No mines been fine still struggling with random restarts but have turned off auto updates today and hasn't played up yet lol let me know how it goes with screen

Martin

Got the tablet back today, posting this on it. New screen, and no dots. Looks different. I mean, the screen just looks... Different. Can't put my finger on it, might be a different kind or manufacturer of panel?

Going well so far, I'm in full on fiddling mode whilst I get it all set back up
25th March 2015, 04:05 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpingOn

Got the tablet back today, posting this on it. New screen, and no dots. Looks different. I mean, the screen just looks... Different. Can't put my finger on it, might be a different kind or manufacturer of panel?

Going well so far, I'm in full on fiddling mode whilst I get it all set back up

Hi,
I got the same green/blue dots a while back.
Sendt the device back to sony for repair. They now claim that the cause of the stuck pixels are pressure made on the screen, and it's my fault.
This is not the case.
Did you get a description of what they did? Something I can use in my case towards Sony?
26th March 2015, 06:51 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Which country are you in?
Sony seem to have differing attitudes to screen issues in some countries.
I know in Australia they will not service screen problems at all, saying they are user caused.
26th March 2015, 09:24 AM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly1

Which country are you in?
Sony seem to have differing attitudes to screen issues in some countries.
I know in Australia they will not service screen problems at all, saying they are user caused.

Im in Norway.
Is there any chance this can be caused by presshure on the screen?
26th March 2015, 11:35 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I don't know, but that will be Sony's response and probably wont be covered by warranty.
7th April 2015, 06:36 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
I picked up a Sony xperia z2 tablet over the weekend been really wanting one for a while. Got it for 160 which I thought was very good. Its also the LTE version as well. I've already sent it off to Sony. I only had a hand written receipt from previous owner but hopefully that's enough. It had ALOT of green dots/specs while screen is black. Plus I noticed the back case creaks and it is in fact bent lol. Apart from that it did seem very good condition. And reasonable for the price as for a brand new LTE version its like 450
20th April 2015, 10:17 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Update on my repair.
I noticed creaking, bending/warping & the green dots on black screen after buying it second hand.
Sent it off to Sony they have told me they have replaced the screen so far and he creaking is supposedly caused by the battery adhesive so going to sort that but added effect of having a curved screen tablet they have mentioned it is an understood flaw in the tablet and under certain specifications its deemed to be fine... Shall hopefully receive soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread