FORUMS

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

[Q] faulty screen? lots of green dots and specs

235 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By jewelkobayashi, Senior Member on 3rd July 2014, 12:30 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th May 2015, 11:31 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpingOn

Got the tablet back today, posting this on it. New screen, and no dots. Looks different. I mean, the screen just looks... Different. Can't put my finger on it, might be a different kind or manufacturer of panel?

Going well so far, I'm in full on fiddling mode whilst I get it all set back up

I got mine repaired doesn't look different the same just without the speccy dots they also replaced my USB flap since I noticed it opening itself they replaced it but I still think it opens but oh well least the screens fixed

11th May 2015, 09:02 PM |#42  
Senior Moderator - Resident Troll Killer
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,805

Donate to Me
More
I've noticed the green cluster of specks, but it only shows after going from Bootloader to the boot animation. Seems it's only noticeable on a black screen. So you really can't see it as it only happens during a black screen, and to be honest, I don't stare at a black screen too much

I'm beginning to think it's software related rather than hardware, as I didn't notice it on the KK 4.4.4 build. Only after I went to the first LL release. Going to switch to the most recent release soon.

So it doesn't seem to affect any other colors, so I'm not worried too much about it as all other apps it is not noticeable. Perhaps in some games it may show if the game uses a predominant black background.
12th May 2015, 12:22 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

I've noticed the green cluster of specks, but it only shows after going from Bootloader to the boot animation. Seems it's only noticeable on a black screen. So you really can't see it as it only happens during a black screen, and to be honest, I don't stare at a black screen too much

I'm beginning to think it's software related rather than hardware, as I didn't notice it on the KK 4.4.4 build. Only after I went to the first LL release. Going to switch to the most recent release soon.

So it doesn't seem to affect any other colors, so I'm not worried too much about it as all other apps it is not noticeable. Perhaps in some games it may show if the game uses a predominant black background.

It is not software related, I got my screen replaced when the dots first appeared. When they replaced the screen the dots disappeared. Now they are back in a different pattern, I haven't changed the software since the screen got replaced.
Your dots will most likely get worse, mine did and eventually I could see them when them when tablet was used in a normal way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread