Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,421 Members 38,986 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

This or Galaxy Tab S

Tip us?

DaddyWhale
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanJacques View Post
One lant question, Tablet Z2 is absolutely better than Z1 in hardware all the way, but an upgrade from Z1 to Z2 is advisable? will I notice, on a day to day basis, a great improvement or not?
I upgraded from the Tablet Z1 to the Z2 Tablet. The differences are not huge. It was more the idea of having the newest and greatest (as a birthday present for myself) than anything else.

Specific aspects of the Z2 that I really enjoy more than on the Z1 are
1. The screen is noticeably better, particularly from off angles
2. There's no longer a flap over the headphone jack
3. I prefer the wireless charging set up on the Z2. You don't need a stand in order to wirelessly charge.

I was also happy to make the change for a reason particular to me: my old Z1 had only 16GB - I had not realized when I bought it that you CANNOT install apps on an external microsd. So when I got the Z2 I made sure to get the 32GB version.

SANGER_A2
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyWhale View Post
I upgraded from the Tablet Z1 to the Z2 Tablet. The differences are not huge. It was more the idea of having the newest and greatest (as a birthday present for myself) than anything else.

Specific aspects of the Z2 that I really enjoy more than on the Z1 are
1. The screen is noticeably better, particularly from off angles
2. There's no longer a flap over the headphone jack
3. I prefer the wireless charging set up on the Z2. You don't need a stand in order to wirelessly charge.

I was also happy to make the change for a reason particular to me: my old Z1 had only 16GB - I had not realized when I bought it that you CANNOT install apps on an external microsd. So when I got the Z2 I made sure to get the 32GB version.
Can you define what you mean by wireless charging please? Do you mean you can use a magnetic lead like this on it? Or is there a feature I'm not aware of?

DaddyWhale
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SANGER_A2 View Post
Can you define what you mean by wireless charging please? Do you mean you can use a magnetic lead like this on it? Or is there a feature I'm not aware of?
That's exactly what I mean. On the Tablet Z1 the wireless connections where on the two sides of the tablet when held in landscaper.

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by chentz78 View Post
Just add a annoying bug on touch screen on Z2.
I'm on version 17.1.1.A.0.402 with SGP511 and scroll with tablet is awful. It replace touch scroll for touch "click".

Touch issue on Z2 tablet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbtc96YE6O8

Cheers,
Simply install the newest firmware (... .314). If not yet available in your country, take one of the FTFs available here. (I took the Russian one, works flawlessly.)

Then the touch bug will be gone.