Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Still not a single rom?

Tip us?
 
Uclydde
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Longboat Key
Default Still not a single rom?

The Z2 tablet has been out for several months, and I love mine, but there still isn't a single custom rom? I really want to load cyanogenmod on this thing. Is there something stopping development or are there just not any developers who own one of these tablets? I'm sorry for coming off as impatient but I can't find any roms on these forums or anywhere else.
Current devices:

Xperia Z2 (PAC-Rom nightlies)
Xperia Z2 Tablet (PAC-Rom nightlies)
Xperia Play 4G (CM11 nightlies)
 
cmd-line34
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclydde View Post
The Z2 tablet has been out for several months, and I love mine, but there still isn't a single custom rom? I really want to load cyanogenmod on this thing. Is there something stopping development or are there just not any developers who own one of these tablets? I'm sorry for coming off as impatient but I can't find any roms on these forums or anywhere else.
Well, a few days ago Sony relased the kernel sources on GitHub (as anounced here and the actual sources on GitHub are found here). This should mean that more developers will be able to create some ROMs. However, there is only a preview ROM which was posted on this fourm. Note I said "preview" and it's only for the LTE model. Looks like ROMs are in the works.

I will be flashing Cyanogenmod whenever it comes out for the 16GB Wi-Fi model, so hopfully that will come into existence someday . Will be watching these fourms! By the way, I'm not a Developer, however I have been looking over these fourms recently.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmd-line34 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Uclydde
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Longboat Key
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd-line34 View Post
Well, a few days ago Sony relased the kernel sources on GitHub (as anounced here and the actual sources on GitHub are found here). This should mean that more developers will be able to create some ROMs. However, there is only a preview ROM which was posted on this fourm. Note I said "preview" and it's only for the LTE model. Looks like ROMs are in the works.

I will be flashing Cyanogenmod whenever it comes out for the 16GB Wi-Fi model, so hopfully that will come into existence someday . Will be watching these fourms! By the way, I'm not a Developer, however I have been looking over these fourms recently.
Yeah I've got a 32GB WiFi model. At least there's a test version out for the LTE model.
Current devices:

Xperia Z2 (PAC-Rom nightlies)
Xperia Z2 Tablet (PAC-Rom nightlies)
Xperia Play 4G (CM11 nightlies)
 
zabih107
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 133
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclydde View Post
Yeah I've got a 32GB WiFi model. At least there's a test version out for the LTE model.
Me tooooooo but I want cyanogen mod

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk
 
Uclydde
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 100
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Longboat Key
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabih107 View Post
Me tooooooo but I want cyanogen mod

Sent from my SGP512 using Tapatalk
Current devices:

Xperia Z2 (PAC-Rom nightlies)
Xperia Z2 Tablet (PAC-Rom nightlies)
Xperia Play 4G (CM11 nightlies)
 
cmd-line34
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 7
Join Date: May 2014
Info 2 Update for "Still not a single rom?"

I'm sure you guys know this, but there is a unofficial release for Cyanogenmod posted on the original development forum for this tablet (http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...d-4-4-t2809793). Haven't tested it yet however there are a few comments stating that the NFC does not work. Other than that it sounds promising for being in development. Note when you download the ROM there will be "Castor" and "Castor_windy" rom. The "castor_windy" is for the WI-FI model, and the "castor" one is for the LTE supported tablet.

Can anyone get the .zip to download though? It keeps wanting me to pay to download the file. Maybe it's just me though . . .
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


CyanogenMod 11 M10 Available for Supported Devices

Summer vacation isover for most students out there, and it’s the time to get back to … more

XDA Forums Added for the First Batch of Android One Devices!

Just yesterday, we talked about the highly anticipated launch of the first batch … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: DonkeyGuard, Don’t Be a Donkey, Control Your Device – XDA Developer TV

Some applications ask for the world … more

Use Facebook Pictures as a LWP with Facebook View

One of the best things that Android has always offeredits users is the ability to tailor … more