Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,773 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][Castor_windy] PAC-man 4.4.4.RC-1

Tip us?

kbroh
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Newest build runs just as smooth with great battery retention. Thanks for your work

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 156
How is the standby battery consumption?

On stock, I have 1% battery loss maximum overnight (Stamina Mode, Sync Off, Greenify).

On CM11 (Sync Off, Greenify) this, by far, wasn't possible, the tablet always lost some percent.

Since PAC is based on CM11 and rcstar didn't mess with the kernel, battery consumption should be roughly the same as with CM11, right?

And what about the loudspeaker volume? On CM11 it was much lower than on stock, and to get a decent volume like on stock I had to install Viper4Android which of course ate additional battery (and didn't really sound as good as the Sony sound optimizations)...

Unless these 2 problems are not addressed, I see no advantage in changing the ROM...

rcstar6696
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966 View Post
How is the standby battery consumption?

On stock, I have 1% battery loss maximum overnight (Stamina Mode, Sync Off, Greenify).

On CM11 (Sync Off, Greenify) this, by far, wasn't possible, the tablet always lost some percent.

Since PAC is based on CM11 and rcstar didn't mess with the kernel, battery consumption should be roughly the same as with CM11, right?

And what about the loudspeaker volume? On CM11 it was much lower than on stock, and to get a decent volume like on stock I had to install Viper4Android which of course ate additional battery (and didn't really sound as good as the Sony sound optimizations)...

Unless these 2 problems are not addressed, I see no advantage in changing the ROM...
Hi

Battery consumption is better than cm but not so good as stock. The PAC Rom is based on Cm kernel but the thing is you can use Art and you have more settings as in stock
Okay to the Problem with the loudspeaker i can't say something because i use the tab The most time in loudlessmod

Rcstar6696
My Devices

Sony Xperia Z2 --> My own PAC-Rom

Sony Xperia Z --> Cyanogenmod 11

Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet --> My own PAC-Rom

Acer A511 --> Cyanogenmod 11 Unofficial

Acer Liquid E Ferrari --> Cyanogenmod 9 Unofficial

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcstar6696 View Post
Hi

Battery consumption is better than cm but not so good as stock. The PAC Rom is based on Cm kernel but the thing is you can use Art and you have more settings as in stock
Okay to the Problem with the loudspeaker i can't say something because i use the tab The most time in loudlessmod

Rcstar6696
Thanks for the reply.

ART? Useless. It's known that on pre-Android-L devices the gains in fluidity or battery life are negligible. At the same time you can't use Xposed anymore. So ART = no go.

More settings? It doesn't really help to have more settings (most of which I anyway also can have with stock + Xposed or other additions) when at the same time other very central functions (like battery or volume) are worse.

Unfortunately you don't win me over... The stock .314 ROM is very stable, fluid, touch works perfectly, and has all features one needs and then some (if not, Xposed helps).

Much better would be to have alternative kernels for the tablet! But (like on the first Tablet Z) somehow there is no one to make one! Why???

BabelHuber
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
More settings? It doesn't really help to have more settings (most of which I anyway also can have with stock + Xposed or other additions) when at the same time other very central functions (like battery or volume) are worse.
PAC contains features like Pie control, HALO, App bar and recents from Slimkat and OmniROM. But it is based on CM11.

Basically the point of PAC is to have more options.

Sure, some of them you can also get using Xposed. But it happened to me that different modules conflicted with each other (e.g. Themes and GravityBox). The settings of PAC work well together, I haven't found any bugs.

Quote:
Unfortunately you don't win me over... The stock .314 ROM is very stable, fluid, touch works perfectly, and has all features one needs and then some (if not, Xposed helps).
I had troubles with some Xposed-modules on Sony ROMs (e.g. Pictures2SD doesn't work, some GravityBox settings also don't work). Xposed works best with vanilla AOSP in my experience.

Quote:
Much better would be to have alternative kernels for the tablet! But (like on the first Tablet Z) somehow there is no one to make one! Why???
If you don't like CM, you won't like PAC

Regarding Kernels I agree.

coreo
Old
(Last edited by coreo; 10th September 2014 at 12:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
been using cm for a while now whats wrong with the volume? seems pretty loud to me. haven't noticed a problem with it..
Ample loud enough for me..just downloading pac now to give it a go..thanks for the hardwork...

pmeinert
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

ART? Useless. It's known that on pre-Android-L devices the gains in fluidity or battery life are negligible. At the same time you can't use Xposed anymore. So ART = no go.

Your loss. I find it a pleasure over stock rom. Built in support for extended desktop is better than the finicky and daunting xposed immersive modules. The smoothness with art is such a joy, that I even increased animation to 1,5.

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Gravitybox Xposed module has Expanded Desktop built in (even with different options for hiding navbar / status bar). Works without problems with stock ROM.