20th September 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #31  
OP Member
Flag Kassel (Hessen)
Thanks Meter: 60

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966

Testing now PAC (after my strange crash after the strange no-system-RW-and-no-recovery-anymore problem...).

Running well so far, except these issues:

1) The boot animation is HIDEOUS! Folks, we have one of the most high-end, stylish tablets here, and you put a boot animation in this ROM that fits a $99 "Kids" tablet in the rearmost shelf at Walmart?? Seriously?? Is this ROM programmed by 13-year-old gamer kids?

2) After booting, the tablet needs quite a long time until all background processes are initialized and until I can work normally (for instance, until GMD Gestures are working or until Gravitybox Xposed Module settings are applied). Much longer as in all other ROMs and on all other devices I had. Why is that?

The bootanimation is from PAC and i think they don't want to change it.

I think the tablet needs not more time as in cm if you thing a Probleme is there it is a Problem Form PAC because i use the same kernel and devicetrees as cm

I don' t use xposed because it could make Problems with some PAC options.some modules use the same recsources than PAC options this could be the reason that you have problems
20th September 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 25

99 posts
Quote:

Testing now PAC (after my strange crash after the strange no-system-RW-and-no-recovery-anymore problem...).

Running well so far, except these issues:

1) The boot animation is HIDEOUS! Folks, we have one of the most high-end, stylish tablets here, and you put a boot animation in this ROM that fits a $99 "Kids" tablet in the rearmost shelf at Walmart?? Seriously?? Is this ROM programmed by 13-year-old gamer kids?

If the boot animation annoys you, you can use another one via the Theme Engine. E.g. most Android L themes come with the original animation (Play Store ==> Search for e.g. cm11 theme).

Note that you don't need to apply the whole theme, you can apply only the boot animation if you want to keep the UI.

Quote:

2) After booting, the tablet needs quite a long time until all background processes are initialized and until I can work normally (for instance, until GMD Gestures are working or until Gravitybox Xposed Module settings are applied). Much longer as in all other ROMs and on all other devices I had. Why is that?

Without using Xposed and GravityBox, I don't have this issue.

I'd also assume that GB conflicts with PAC settings. Perhaps it helps to turn off the GB settings which have an equivalent in the PAC/ CM11 settings...
20th September 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 160

763 posts
OK... have disabled GB clock settings and now it seems to go faster...

But I need GB because in the PAC settings it's not possible to have an expanded desktop (non-immersive mode) with just the navbar disabled, but status bar always visible. And this is exactly what I want.
30th September 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #34  
OP Member
Flag Kassel (Hessen)

61 posts
More
New Build is up

Heavy Battery drain should be fixed and newest PAC source

Rcstar6696
Last edited by rcstar6696; 30th September 2014 at 02:50 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rcstar6696 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th September 2014, 10:04 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 35

67 posts
Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

For castor dont work??SGP 521?
Yesterday, 05:36 AM   |  #36  
OP Member
Flag Kassel (Hessen)

61 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ang3lical

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

For castor dont work??SGP 521?

It will come with the Next update but i need some testers before.
If someone is here for testing please pm me
The Following User Says Thank You to rcstar6696 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 04:53 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 25

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcstar6696

New Build is up

Heavy Battery drain should be fixed and newest PAC source

Rcstar6696

Thanks, the fix seems to work: I lost 1% of battery during 10h of idling

The Following User Says Thank You to BabelHuber For This Useful Post: [ View ]