Here is my impressions after installing and using the ROM - Castor_Windy, over the weekend:
- Very stable! No crashes or serious hangs so far! I did hardcore apps installation and configuration an after a final reboot all was up and running very well.
- Very snappy! Compared to stock it's really light-years ahead in performance and usability.
- KitKat sound issue
plaguing the last PACMAN nightlies for the Xperia Tablet Z seems to be be solved here. No audio stuttering so far.
- Even more option under PACMAN Settings. Yes!
- GPS doesn't seems to work at all. I installed GPS Status & Toolbox
and I could never get any location data no matter what I did.
- It seems to be impossible to recharge the device when powered off. If turned off the device will automatically boot as soon as the power cable is inserted.
Please note that the these problems were also present in PACMAN developped for the Xperia Tablet Z WiFi. Maybe bluefa1con
can give you a hint on how to approach the charging issue since it's been solved for that device months ago. Forum here