Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Lollipop][Castor_windy and Castor] PAC-man 5.0 Alpha experimental

OP rcstar6696

24th January 2015, 07:53 PM   |  #141  
spider623's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Limassol
Thanks Meter: 319
 
1,296 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Rro is not even compatible with cm theme engine lol, also it can be used for bug fixing, translations, etc, anw I was asking because carbon uses it now, if no one bring it I can always build my own aosp��
24th January 2015, 08:01 PM   |  #142  
Senior Member
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 43
 
177 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy

Can you show me how to do that? Got my tab rooted and installed XZRecovery. About to flash it now Yay!

EDIT:
Just tried to flash Castor_Windy 24/01/2015 and it didn't work. Said my device was a Castor (LTE) version when it definitely is not :/

Xzrecovery is for stock based roms only. You need to unlock your bootloader and flash another recovery in order to be able to flash this.
24th January 2015, 09:38 PM   |  #143  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel (Hessen)
Thanks Meter: 163
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy

Can you show me how to do that? Got my tab rooted and installed XZRecovery. About to flash it now Yay!

EDIT:
Just tried to flash Castor_Windy 24/01/2015 and it didn't work. Said my device was a Castor (LTE) version when it definitely is not :/

The Problem is the dual recovery you have to delete it and install an other recovery
you need to unlock your bootloader and flash an Boot.IMG Form KitKat Rom or if you want i will send you a link to an Boot.IMG
Flashing the IMG via fastboot
24th January 2015, 09:45 PM   |  #144  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel (Hessen)
Thanks Meter: 163
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
New Builds
New Build can be downloaded

Notification Led now working better but the colour is only white at the Moment
Useing newest cm and PAC repos for compailing
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rcstar6696 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2015, 12:08 AM   |  #145  
GalaxyWhy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
442 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcstar6696

The Problem is the dual recovery you have to delete it and install an other recovery
you need to unlock your bootloader and flash an Boot.IMG Form KitKat Rom or if you want i will send you a link to an Boot.IMG
Flashing the IMG via fastboot

Oh thats weird.

My bootloader is unlocked but yeah send me this Boot.IMG please Is it a AOSP KK Boot.IMG?
Then just install TWRP from your main post?
25th January 2015, 09:39 AM   |  #146  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel (Hessen)
Thanks Meter: 163
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy

Oh thats weird.

My bootloader is unlocked but yeah send me this Boot.IMG please Is it a AOSP KK Boot.IMG?
Then just install TWRP from your main post?

https://mega.co.nz/#!fVoxGITL!xhZ4ME...nNMAZPKIl8fBcU

Recovery Installation (Links for Recoverys are in the first post)

- Flash an old Boot.img and enter recovery
- Install the Lollipop ROM + GApps+SuperSU
- Turn off device completely.
- Press <Volume Up> and plug USB cable.
- LED should turn blue.
- Send command: "fastboot erase recovery"
- Send command for Castor_Windy: "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_Castor_Windy.img"
- Send command for Castor: "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_Castor.img"
- Unplug USB cable.
- Device will reboot.
- When LED turns pink press <Volume Up> and <Volume Down> several times.
- You should now see TWRP
26th January 2015, 12:00 AM   |  #147  
GalaxyWhy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 67
 
442 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcstar6696

https://mega.co.nz/#!fVoxGITL!xhZ4ME...nNMAZPKIl8fBcU

Recovery Installation (Links for Recoverys are in the first post)

- Flash an old Boot.img and enter recovery
- Install the Lollipop ROM + GApps+SuperSU
- Turn off device completely.
- Press <Volume Up> and plug USB cable.
- LED should turn blue.
- Send command: "fastboot erase recovery"
- Send command for Castor_Windy: "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_Castor_Windy.img"
- Send command for Castor: "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_Castor.img"
- Unplug USB cable.
- Device will reboot.
- When LED turns pink press <Volume Up> and <Volume Down> several times.
- You should now see TWRP

So having that boot img will fix the error I had earlier when it thought I had a Castor device when mines actually castor_windy?

Also when I change to TWRP will I still be able to flash stock-based ROMs if I want to?
Cheers
26th January 2015, 06:48 AM   |  #148  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kassel (Hessen)
Thanks Meter: 163
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyWhy

So having that boot img will fix the error I had earlier when it thought I had a Castor device when mines actually castor_windy?

Also when I change to TWRP will I still be able to flash stock-based ROMs if I want to?
Cheers

Yes this Boot.img fixes the Problem with the wrong device
Yes you can flash stock Roms but you need to erase the recovery partition after installing stock based Roms because we use the fotakernel partion for recovery but in stock it would be used for other things

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes