Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 52,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apparently you don't need it please delete...

Tip us?

xinfinityoO
Old
Thanks Meter 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966 View Post
Why am I to blame when Krisjanne doesn't do research before developing a Xposed module? If he would have known Gravity Box (a very well-known, popular module) then he obviously would not have felt the necessity of developing a little module which just contains 2 rather pedestrian functions which are also part of Gravity Box (and other modules).
If I compose a piece of music and it unfortunately sounds like "Fur Elise", then it's my bad, and next time I better compose something original...
u are a stain on the glass..and many would agree..
ROM: RomMIX_byRush v5.5
Kernel: DreamKernel 2.7.2

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfinityoO View Post
Yes, I know, many don't like hearing truths...

Chefproll
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfinityoO View Post
I do agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966
Yes, I know, many don't like hearing truths...
It's not about truth - it's about a constant aggressive behavior against people asking questions or trying to contribute to this community.
Interestingly, you don't show that behavioral patterns in the German forums, only here.

I do follow your actions for quite a while, so I know your behavior quite well.

It does NOT help attacking people for asking "newbee" questions, lecturing them by saying things like "read yourself, lazy parasite" if you exactly know where to find certain information. Pointing askers to the right source of information is easy, accomplished in a moment's time. But you usually prefer locking out askers from needed information; seems to be far more fun attacking them for asking than offering a helping hand.

Everybody is a newbee at the beginning. That's why there are schools, that's why there are forums.
It won't help if a teacher at school refuses to answer questions by proclaiming: "I had to learn it by myself, so you've gotta do the same, stupid noob."

It won't help calling the works of people trying to contribute to a community "superfluous" just because there's already something covering similar matters.
If all people thought that way, there would be ONE single computer, ONE single mobile phone, ONE single car, etc. today. And ONE single OS: iOS.
Progress almost always involves reinventing things, streamlining, reducing, enhancing them.

Shouting down people because they DARE to ask questions, because they DARE to offer something to the community is NOT helpful.
It's the opposite: Aggressive reactions like the ones you're infamous for muzzle people, make them fear asking questions, make them anxious about contributing anything to the community. Reactions like that are just beneficial for one single thing: Polishing your ego.

And that's not what a community like this really needs.

hasenbein1966
Old
(Last edited by hasenbein1966; 24th July 2014 at 08:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 153
Chefproll,

first: It's in the rules of XDA that before asking something, a user should really search whether his question has already been asked or whether his issue has been already covered elsewhere. It's very obvious (especially in a small forum like the Z2 Tablet forum) that some people don't do this and seem to think that the work they themselves should do as well could be done by nice other people... Simply put on your helpless puppy face, and others will do it for you...

Second: XDA has a rather loose moderation. The German "Computerbase" forum, for instance, is different: When someone asks the same thing for the umpteenth time and opens a new thread for that, the thread gets deleted. The moderators are really strict, and that is a good thing because the forums remain clean and compact.
In "Android-Hilfe" it's a bit less strict, but superfluous threads also get deleted sometimes.

And when, after me pointing out that his Xposed module is superfluous, this guy is offended and immediately takes down his link and his postings, then this guy has a problem, not me. He as well could have pointed out that he thinks that a small module could serve a purpose for some people who don't want to install a large one instead of reacting in a oversensitive way. Perhaps it even wasn't oversensitive, but he simply thought I was right? And was a bit ashamed that he didn't research better?? Do you know?