Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Magnetic Chargers

Tip us?

Batfink33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Default Magnetic Chargers

I've been looking for a charger that attaches to the side dock on the Z2. I bought one on EBay very cheap but the charging from seems to connect then disconnect all the time. I guess that's what I get for buying a cheap unit. Is there a good one that will charge the Z2 properly? I'm sure the flap to the micro usb is going to come off sooner or later so I'd rather use the magnetic one.

Ljungan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I too am looking for this. What eBay one did you buy? Don't want to accidentally buy a cheap one..

Batfink33
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljungan View Post
I too am looking for this. What eBay one did you buy? Don't want to accidentally buy a cheap one..
It was one that said "black magnetic adapter charger" from the UK it was only £2.95.

sarobi
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I'm happy with 'kwmobile' charger bought on amazon.de, especially I like the fact that magnet is not too strong therefore I don't have a fear that magnetic port will fall out. I hope so ...
The Following User Says Thank You to sarobi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrmatt100
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarobi View Post
I'm happy with 'kwmobile' charger bought on amazon.de, especially I like the fact that magnet is not too strong therefore I don't have a fear that magnetic port will fall out. I hope so ...
I bought a dirt cheap one from ebay too, works fine although the magnets aren't very strong so the amount of time I spend fiddling to get it to latch on I may as well use a micro usb!

Heath05
Old
(Last edited by Heath05; 24th July 2014 at 06:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best I've come across, a bit more expensive though.
It fits very snugly over the charging port, so if you use case this cable might not go well with it.

kylecummins
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I just recently bought a z2, came with a knock off dock.

Doesn't anyone have a good free alarm clock app thatll stay dimly lit all night and work as a bedside clock.

Thanks

Goldfire
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecummins View Post
I just recently bought a z2, came with a knock off dock.

Doesn't anyone have a good free alarm clock app thatll stay dimly lit all night and work as a bedside clock.

Thanks
Gentle Alarm will, it isn't free, but it's worth the cost.

kylecummins
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfire View Post
Gentle Alarm will, it isn't free, but it's worth the cost.
I've heard that, I got a free app called timely and it works great, with smart connect it automatically goes into silent + opens timely when I dock.

eViLSt3ve
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Word of warning with magnetic chargers, don't be stupid like me and turn the charger the other way around to see if it connects better, you will end up shorting something inside your phone and you will have to RMA your device