FORUMS

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL][CM11/CM12.1 (based)][Z2][GPU+CPU OC][5.0/4.4]M5 Kernel

15th May 2015, 11:56 PM |#641  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,372

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc.Nex

@Myself5 GoodLuck with the school buddy..Do we have a clear reason why OTG isn't working on Aosp/Cm12 based roms?!I think its a kernel side bugging the whole xperia z line..Got any insight into that?

It's funny you ask, I've just been told by @kholk today that it appearantly is caused by the MHL driver, as OTG works with the current 3.10 kernel and new MHL drivers, same counts for CM 3.4 Kernel. I'll take a deeper insight on that when I get home again, if @cdesai hasn't merged it into the CM 12.1 repo already
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Myself5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

16th May 2015, 12:50 AM |#642  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself5

It's funny you ask, I've just been told by @kholk today that it appearantly is caused by the MHL driver, as OTG works with the current 3.10 kernel and new MHL drivers, same counts for CM 3.4 Kernel. I'll take a deeper insight on that when I get home again, if @cdesai hasn't merged it into the CM 12.1 repo already

Thanks for the quick reply buddy.
There's was a commit 9 hours ago with the id 98391 where @cdesai replaced the driver with the one inteded for sirius
sorry can't post a link
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luc.Nex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th May 2015, 05:30 PM |#643  
Thanks Meter: 98

Donate to Me
More
I`m getting SystemUI has stopped after flashing the kernel ( I`m using cm 12.1 ). anyone else with this issue ?
17th May 2015, 10:20 AM |#644  
Flag Portugal
Thanks Meter: 12,037

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontok

I`m getting SystemUI has stopped after flashing the kernel ( I`m using cm 12.1 ). anyone else with this issue ?

ROM related, not kernel. It was a build a few days that affected some devices.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infected_ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2015, 04:52 AM |#645  
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Hi @Myself5
need your help

I can build CM12.1 Kernel using Christopher83's latest GCC 4.9.3 for my Xperia Z1 but when i make CM12.1 kernel for my Xperia Z2 it stuck on CM logo and phone rebooted it self but i can build kernel with DooMLoRD's prebuild toolchain 4.9.1 without any issues .... tried so many times , also used justarchi's GCC 4.9.3 toolchain but same result ..

should i use this(which m using to build Z1 & Z2 Kernel) > .. /bin/arm-eabi- or this > ... bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-

Any help would be appreciated ,,

i haven't applied any flags or anything ... everything is default .. just building from source..

EDIT - My source > https://github.com/naitikshah2015/an...l_sony_msm8974
Last edited by naitik2012; 20th May 2015 at 05:12 AM.
20th May 2015, 11:20 PM |#646  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Arm-eabi is for kernel, Myself5 uses sabermod to build his kernel. From what I remember there's some fixes required for a successful 4.9 kernel build but I couldn't help as I'vr got the same issue. Hopefully Myself5 can shed some light on it but he's busy atm
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Rô For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2015, 11:36 PM |#647  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,372

Donate to Me
More
Yup, arm-eabi- is Kernel Toolchain. I use Sabermod 4.9.x for M5 Kernel, working together with @infected_ here as I use his toolchains.
https://github.com/infected-lp/sm_arm-eabi-4.9.x this one to be exact.
For a compiling and booting SM Kernel you might need some Kernel flags, I believe I had them all in 3 commits at the very beginning of M5 Kernel.

Would be these 3 then:
https://github.com/Myself5/android_k...4ab6225212efb6
https://github.com/Myself5/android_k...f0e2abdab03a7d
https://github.com/Myself5/android_k...e5753f8876241c

P.S. I'd kindly ask you moving this back to the other thread where I told you how to compile a kernel, as it just spams this thread

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Myself5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom kernel, overclock
Previous Thread Next Thread