FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[KERNEL][CM11/CM12.1 (based)][Z2][GPU+CPU OC][5.1.1/4.4]M5 Kernel

1,725 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,936

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd August 2015, 12:48 AM |#771  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,936

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyedbeauty

I am using 3 Adreno-TZ devices - Z1, Z Ultra and Z2..

On my Z1 / Z Ultra (same SoC as far as I know), the GPU freq is pretty much on the highest allowed freq all the time, and regarding my Z2 - it jumps between lowest and highest freq a lot. Unless when I am on stock and using Andropluskernel with Adreno Idler included and enabled, ofc. Then it is staying on 27 Mhz and jumps in a more "responsive-regarding to the overall GPU load" spike ratio. So..

@oshmoun just added full support for adreno_idler. It will be supported in the next build. Also, to answer the question from the z1 thread: I never planned to make a stock Kernel, I don't use stock at all (my phones were running stock for like 2hours total (z2 actually a bit longer, but z3c way less)) and so I would not be able/willing to test the kernel at all. Also, there is AndroPlus Kernel for stock, which has a lot of features too. However, considering that it is ramdisk independant I just up with an idea I'm going to test tomorrow. I guess meanwhile everybody gave up the hope that I will make a final KK Kernel, however, I don't see why V9 for Lollipop should not work on KK (CM11) Roms.

I'll do some tests tomorrow, installer might need some slight adjustments. But else this _could_ mean A NEW KK KERNEL RELEASE WITH ALL LP FEATURES. (If I'd just recall now who I promised to tag when I new KK version comes out..., gawd damed)

Sent from my Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Myself5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom kernel, overclock
Previous Thread Next Thread