Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,101 Members 42,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Evleaks - Xperia Z3

Tip us?

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,075

DONATE TO ME
Default Evleaks - Xperia Z3

I really don't understand this.

If this is true, Z3 will actually be Z2 :P

http://evleaks.at/2014/07/23/sony-xp...-1mp-kk-4-4-4/

Sony....sony....What's happening...
We won't buy new (same) device just for new firmware..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bjornops
Old
Thanks Meter 9
It seems like people tend to forget things that aren't specs! I think the current processors are fast enough, and the updates are minor (SD800 vs SD801), so we should wait for 64-bit to see a jump perfomance wise.

The recent picture leaks reveal new speaker design and more rounded edges on the phone. The screen could be better calibrated. Perhaps better resistance to heat aka longer 4k recording. I think there's quite a bit to work on. Wireless charging?

And we should take in concideration that the Z2 came out some 6 months ago!
HTC One X: CM11 M8

One X > HD2 (RIP) > Diamond > P1i
mattoffshore's One X flash helper: http://www.mediafire.com/?oik6tjvo28r9d

El.Guaje
Old
Thanks Meter 87
May be Z2 will has unique features or better camera sensor or better build quality.

styxter
Old
Thanks Meter 4
And maybe a higher mp front facing camera.
Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 5,075

DONATE TO ME
Of you ask me - that's not enough to call it Z3 but OK...we'll see.

BTW, I think we don't have to wait 808 or 810, S805 will be and would be something you will expect now.

Sony built Z1 with new 800, then they built Z2 with overclocked 800 - S801... What now, they will overclock overclocked 800!?!

They, obviously can't follow 6 months cycle...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

AM Radio
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornops View Post
It seems like people tend to forget things that aren't specs! I think the current processors are fast enough, and the updates are minor (SD800 vs SD801), so we should wait for 64-bit to see a jump perfomance wise.

The recent picture leaks reveal new speaker design and more rounded edges on the phone. The screen could be better calibrated. Perhaps better resistance to heat aka longer 4k recording. I think there's quite a bit to work on. Wireless charging?

i agree there is a lot that could be better on the Z2/Z1 -- it seems that Sony is edging towards a perfect iteration of Xperia Omnibalance. the issue is that the Z3 is really what the Z1 should have been!

also hoping that there will be better speakers (but judging from the size of those speaker holes, not holding my breath), better heat dissipation for 4K, and less chance of self-cracking glass. better camera algorithms for HDR, 20MP automatic, etc.

wireless charging? that would be cool, but i'd rather see Sony get a magnetic charging port that doesn't fall out.

SD805 would have been expected, so that's disappointing. but maybe 32GB/64GB variants?
Ingress: Viva la resistance!

seh6183
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornops View Post

64-bit performance will be negligible FYI; it's unnecessary for mobile products. Just as a QHD screen is on a ~5 inch device....
Sent from my iPhone 4

MiniDemonic
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
64-bit performance will be negligible FYI; it's unnecessary for mobile products. Just as a QHD screen is on a ~5 inch device....
The first iteration might not improve the performance much, but it will continue to get better.
Calling it unnecessary for mobile products is making the same mistake as an IBM Senior Engineer did back in '68.

He said "Yeah, microchips, but what... is it good for?", and as you can see microchips are good for plenty of stuff.

Or another example of the same mistake is Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977 whom said "There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their home."

There is always a reason to make better, cheaper, faster and more mobile computers.

Edit:
Oh, I just noticed you have an iPhone 4, that's why you are ignorant.
The Following User Says Thank You to MiniDemonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

seh6183
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniDemonic View Post
The first iteration might not improve the performance much, but it will continue to get better.
Calling it unnecessary for mobile products is making the same mistake as an IBM Senior Engineer did back in '68.

He said "Yeah, microchips, but what... is it good for?", and as you can see microchips are good for plenty of stuff.

Or another example of the same mistake is Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977 whom said "There is no reason anyone in the right state of mind will want a computer in their home."

There is always a reason to make better, cheaper, faster and more mobile computers.

Edit:
Oh, I just noticed you have an iPhone 4, that's why you are ignorant.
Your comparisons are so unrelated to the topic at hand that it just blows my mind. You literally just fried my brain with your nonsense.You should have used some car references in there as well to drive your excellent and well thought out point home. If you new a single thing about 64 bit architecture, which you clearly don't, you would know that 64 bit even for computers is questionable.
Sent from my iPhone 4
The Following User Says Thank You to seh6183 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MiniDemonic
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
Your comparisons are so unrelated to the topic at hand that it just blows my mind. You literally just fried my brain with your nonsense.You should have used some car references in there as well to drive your excellent and well thought out point home. If you new a single thing about 64 bit architecture, which you clearly don't, you would know that 64 bit even for computers is questionable.
If YOU knew a single thing about anything you would know that 64 bit is undeniably better than 32 bit.. Please, just stop, you are making yourself look really really stupid.

The Following User Says Thank You to MiniDemonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]