iphone 6 camera vs Z2

24th September 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 56

1,071 posts
More
Was just at a store and saw iphone 6 camera and i was amazed on how amazing it was so my question is how is iphone 6 8mp camera better than 20mp Z2? None of android phones have come close to iPhone 6 camera. Why is that? Not that i like apple products.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
24th September 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Madrid, Spain
Thanks Meter: 281

1,499 posts
More
Mmmm... I'm not so sure this is true. I believe I saw that the Z2's camera was far better than the iphone 5s's camera. I don't know if there is a huge improvement with the 6, but I'm pretty sure Sony did a very good job. I love the camera on this phone. It works VERY well. It takes VERY good shots in low light, they even look like they're awesome pictures during the day. Check this one out in a low light shot.

Here's full size.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...a/DSC_0467.JPG

I think it's damn fine for a camera phone and I don't know if Apple's could do any better, TBH.

Either way, both phones are very good phones, except for the bending that's happening on the 6+.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zkyevolved For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofia-captivate

Was just at a store and saw iphone 6 camera and i was amazed on how amazing it was so my question is how is iphone 6 8mp camera better than 20mp Z2? None of android phones have come close to iPhone 6 camera. Why is that? Not that i like apple products.

a recent photoshoot out, showed a 83 score for iphone 6 (both models) and 79 for S5 Z3 and Z2.
So it's really close, for the normal untrained eye you probably can not see the difference.
24th September 2014, 10:12 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 12

77 posts
Now sony should wake up. They should start thinking how to improve their camera app. Though it is acceptable as of now but if apple can do it why can't sony to be the best in camera.

24th September 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #5  

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinus

a recent photoshoot out, showed a 83 score for iphone 6 (both models) and 79 for S5 Z3 and Z2.
So it's really close, for the normal untrained eye you probably can not see the difference.

It showed that the Z3's so called camera low light improvements were not an upgrade, rather PR spin.
24th September 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #6  
Flag Birkenhead
Thanks Meter: 796

2,556 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by styxter

Now sony should wake up. They should start thinking how to improve their camera app. Though it is acceptable as of now but if apple can do it why can't sony to be the best in camera.

A 4 point difference isn't huge and as judging photos is always gonna be subjective I'd be surprised if some people didn't go the other way. TBH I'm surprised Apple haven't done better bearing in mind that, as I understand it, that the Z2 camera isn't a huge jump over the z1 camera.
24th September 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinus

Would you care to share the link for this so-called photshoot? I have failed to find an iPhone 6 (or plus) vs. Sony's Z3 and/or Z2.

Cheers,
24th September 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

59 posts
The Z2 camera will also stay pointing straight ahead rather than slightly upwards after being in your pocket
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lagamorph For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #9  

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoyoNeuff

Would you care to share the link for this so-called photshoot? I have failed to find an iPhone 6 (or plus) vs. Sony's Z3 and/or Z2.

Cheers,

It's not photoshoot, it's just iP6/iP6+ review and chart for comparison. But here you go:

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Apple...-image-quality

Cheers
24th September 2014, 05:11 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monry

It's not photoshoot, it's just iP6/iP6+ review and chart for comparison. But here you go:

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles/Apple...-image-quality

Cheers

I am sorry, but if this is the photoshoot Martinus was referring to, then I will take with a lot of caution what it says, coming from DxOmark and the fact that they have put iPhones and Sony's above the Nokia 808. I thought that Martinus was talking about real life shots comparisons between the Iphone 6 (or plus) vs. the Sony. All this benchmark test are really not meaningful IMHO, unless backed up by side-by-side comparison shoots and real life examples.

Thank you in any case,

Cheers!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread