OP OmarMagdi

16th February 2015, 01:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
More
Why is there no way to root 4.4.4?

I don't understand how the Sony system works yet, this is my first Sony coming from HTC and Samsung.

Samsungs rooted like a dream without any complications, why is sony so complicated in the process?

Thanks
16th February 2015, 03:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 755

684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmarMagdi

Why is there no way to root 4.4.4?

I don't understand how the Sony system works yet, this is my first Sony coming from HTC and Samsung.

Samsungs rooted like a dream without any complications, why is sony so complicated in the process?

Thanks

Rooting 4.4.4 is easy... as long as you do it the official way, which means unlocking the bootloader and losing your warranty.
People don't want to only gain root, but they want to do it in a way that Sony doesn't see it and this is difficult.
16th February 2015, 04:32 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 64

284 posts
There are easier was of doing it. Downgrade to 4.4.2, root and then flash one of the ROMs based on .167. I have a locked bootloader and flashing either Niaboc's or Pandemic's ROM was the first thing done out of the box for me.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
16th February 2015, 04:52 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Cairo

19 posts
More
I'm honestly not fond of the process of downgrading and upgrading, so I was trying to know why it is so complicated and understand how it works, and trying to root it without the longer process.

but then if there's no other way, i terribly need Xposed and Titanium. so yeah.
Last edited by OmarMagdi; 16th February 2015 at 04:56 PM.
16th February 2015, 04:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Cairo

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0ra

Rooting 4.4.4 is easy... as long as you do it the official way, which means unlocking the bootloader and losing your warranty.
People don't want to only gain root, but they want to do it in a way that Sony doesn't see it and this is difficult.

Okay,

I don't have warranty anyways because I am in Egypt and rooting voids it here, so I bought it for $100 cheaper without warranty :P

My bootloader can be unlocked, I've checked.. how can I root it with the official way?

Thanks!
16th February 2015, 05:05 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 547

2,135 posts
Donate to Me
More
Downgrading is really easy, I don't recommend unlocking your bootloader unless you want to try kernels and CM like roms and dont mind losing bravia engine etc. Just download a 4.2.2 firmware, and flash it with flashtool, root it and then install recovery and flash the rom you like with (4.4.4).
16th February 2015, 05:12 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 755

684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay,

I don't have warranty anyways because I am in Egypt and rooting voids it here, so I bought it for $100 cheaper without warranty [emoji14]

My bootloader can be unlocked, I've checked.. how can I root it with the official way?

Thanks!

Once you unlocked the bootloader (there's a page on Sony website which explains how to do it), you can flash a recovery or a custom kernel with recovery via fastboot. From the recovery you can then flash supersu.

But be careful before unlocking the bootloader. As said before, you might lose some functionality (like x-reality). I recommend you do some search on the forums.
17th February 2015, 10:26 AM   |  #8  
Flag Mexicali
Thanks Meter: 536

741 posts
Donate to Me
More
Talking
Quote:

I'm honestly not fond of the process of downgrading and upgrading

Let me tell you something that may be obvious: Sony IS NOT Samsung!

In a Sony Xperia phone there is no risk of bricking the phone while downgrading or upgrading to root. You won't loose the IMEI and the risk of hard bricking the phone is almost non-existent. You can downgrade and upgrade as many times as you wish or need. I've been flashing my phones since 2011, and sometimes all night long. No joke, my Z1 got flashed at least twice a week.

At first, the Xperia world may look complicated, but trust me; A Sony Its the safest phone. Can be easily rooted, not like those HTC or Motorola phones, and even if you end up with a "brick"...It is just a soft-brick. Just turn it off completely and use Flashtool or PC Companion to repair it.

The Flashtool is a very easy to use tool. Our firmwares are file with the .ftf extension, and can be downloaded by the same Flashtool.

Since 2011 I've had HTC, Motorola, Samsung but I always love my Xperia.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cachanilla86 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2015, 05:38 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,893

4,067 posts
Donate to Me
More
Fun fact: its theoreticly impossible to brick a locked bootloader Xperia

+1 as a sony user i can agree flashing and downgrading is safe
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2015, 11:44 PM   |  #10  
Flag MePpEl
Thanks Meter: 12,839

16,626 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

Fun fact: its theoreticly impossible to brick a locked bootloader Xperia

+1 as a sony user i can agree flashing and downgrading is safe

+1
I have used and still using an Xperia Device and never soft bricked it or died in my hands, An Xperia Device is the best device what i have had and have and will ever use,
Flashtool is the doc to save your Sony Device ^^

Sent From Somewhere On Earth With My Z2 ^^

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread