FORUMS

DRM Keys intact after unlocking Bootloader

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By EthanDev, Senior Member on 26th January 2016, 09:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yess!! Its true!! I just unlocked my bootloader using the flashtool and the drms are intact... After unlocking it booted up and i was just trying to see the camera performance.. I found it same before unlocking.. Then i ran the service menu code and found out this!! How's this possible guys??
If I'm wrong please correct me.. I've been bugging you people a lot lately..

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk

27th January 2016, 01:09 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i think it will make some differences after flashing a new rom such as cm.
The Following User Says Thank You to wnh502shana For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2016, 02:41 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
On you second pic, there is unknown error. Means your drm keys are not applied.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to o0 Matt 0o For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2016, 04:15 AM |#4  
Flag Nha Trang
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Camera quality will be noticed clearly in low light shots, you will see red-green dots due to BIONZ X doesn't work anymore to denoise.
The Following User Says Thank You to RyTekk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2016, 11:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Your DRM keys are lost if you havent made a backup, they are not active curently according to your screenshot.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5ageman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2016, 12:40 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I think you should'nt share your IMEI on forums ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Batuhanozerr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2016, 10:11 AM |#7  

More
I have just attempted to recover my previously stored TA partition with Backup-TA tools, and now after reboot my phone seems bricked. It only vibrates slightly and blinks red light when I try to switch in on, but is not doing anything else.
Is it dead, can I hope to be able to recover it?
Anyways, be very careful guys, when it is coming to TA partition.
Last edited by barmalini; 28th January 2016 at 10:45 AM. Reason: typo
28th January 2016, 11:13 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmalini

I have just attempted to recover my previously stored TA partition with Backup-TA tools, and now after reboot my phone seems bricked. It only vibrates slightly and blinks red light when I try to switch in on, but is not doing anything else.
Is it dead, can I hope to be able to recover it?
Anyways, be very careful guys, when it is coming to TA partition.

Red light blinks? The bootloader is still unlocked... Thats what i read in this forum.. Anyways guys i deliberately let the drms go.. I was trying to back them up.. But it was not getting.. Got pissed and unlocked the bootloader.. Anyways i will stay on rooted firmware with the drm restore mod.. To be honest i hate Sonys front cam in z2... Pathetic!! My Note 3 Neo was way better... But i just love Sonys rear cam.. Excellent i will say.. Only wish if the front had been same..

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk
28th January 2016, 02:35 PM |#9  

More
Yes, red light blinked and the phone would vibrate when I tried to power it on.
Strangely enough, the phone appeared LOCKED when I tried to recover it with Sony Flashtool, so the tool could not proceed, as it is only for unlocked phones. Though I am pretty sure it was unlocked.
Nevertheless I was able to recover the phone with regular Sony PC Companion, so no harm done, but again, I would recommend to be extremely careful when fiddling with TA partition, DRM Keys etc.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Ok, but now after all the trouble I had to go through, I have all my Keys restored.
Not that it was the purpose, though, but It's better to have working phone than a bricked one.
DRM Keys intact
28th January 2016, 05:58 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Update:

I don't know how but you guys have to see this.. My drms are absolutely intact.. I was on Resurrection Remix.. And the camera quality was poor as compared to Sony.. Initially i thought since i have lost the drm keys i better flash the latest prerooted firmware and use the drm mod to restore to some extent..

But after flashing i was just curious to see the difference without drms and so didn't flash the mod.. And to my surprise!! Everything works great!!! The camera is same as it was before i used.. X reality and other stuffs are working great!! See the samples below...

Macro shot in low light..

Some other camera samples..

8 MP MANUAL

20 MP MANUAL

8 MP SUPERIOR AUTO

Front cam..

I don't find any degradation in performance.. Its the same awesome Xperia Z2 that it was...
Sorry to spam guys.. But believe me no degradation!!

Now please don't say me that the effects of losing drms can be seen after i lock my bootloader and bla bla... Because if that is the case then i will stay like this only!!

Cheers guys!!

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk
29th January 2016, 04:38 AM |#11  
Flag Nha Trang
Thanks Meter: 160

More
X-Reality, DSEE HX, Noice Cancellation, they can be turned on/off that doesn't mean they can work. And I see red and green dot (noise) in this pic, it means BIONZ X doesn't work. If you wanna know does X-Reality work, just go to a showroom and open one picture on your phone and another one in showroom (with DRM), you will see the difference (easier to see with blue and green color). Then other functions will not work as well.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)