Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

When was your Z2 manufactured?

Tip us?

TheOnlyIntruder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Default When was your Z2 manufactured?

Earlier on today I was messing about with my SD card, took it out of the phone to use it in a camera and as I put the sd card back into the phone I noticed a little black tab much like the sim card tray so I pulled it out with a pair of tweezers (the same thing I do to remove the sim card tray, my fingers are just too fat for that fiddly thing) and to my surprise I found the information you would find usually behind a battery cover and such, the IMEI number, other serial numbers and of course, the manufacturing date.

I figured I'd make this thread so people could establish a timeline of what batches of phones have issues.

As for mine it is 14W15, I assume this means 2014, week 15 between the dates April 7th to the 13th, if this is the case, wow, really is a brand new phone as I received it on the 22nd of April.

As for things I've noticed with mine, I have very minor issues, being a very slight gap at the top right (it's not as large as others have reported theirs to be, it's less than a millimetre) and slightly off centre camera lens. As for anything else, well I can record 4k video for possibly over 10 minutes (I've only gone as far as 10 minutes because of storage concerns) and I felt the phone being warm but certainly not hot.

So what about your phones guys?
Phone History: -
Ericsson A1018s > Ericsson T20e > Nokia 3510i > Motorola V600 > Motorola V3x > Sony Ericsson K800i > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 > HTC Desire > HTC One X > Sony Xperia Z2 (Current)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheOnlyIntruder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ProdigalFather
Old
Thanks Meter 8
14W16 for me.

No gap, no off centre camera lens, got warm (not hot) after 12 minutes of 4K recording.

No issues at all with the handset I got (besides Three UK sending me the wrong colour, which I've decided to keep anyway )

platosearwax
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
14W17 for mine.

That means that mine was manufactured 2 weeks ago and was sent last Friday (received Monday) so barely a week old when it was sent. I have no gap, no off-center lens. Mine gets warm for sure, but not as hot as my old S3 used to get sometimes. Haven't tested 4K video yet.

SexyIceCream
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFather View Post
14W16 for me.

No gap, no off centre camera lens, got warm (not hot) after 12 minutes of 4K recording.

No issues at all with the handset I got (besides Three UK sending me the wrong colour, which I've decided to keep anyway )
12 minutes! that's much longer than the reported 3-4 minutes all over the web can i dare to hope that the overheating issues have been resolved?

TheOnlyIntruder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamrul.auntu View Post
Mine is 14W14.
Any comments about the build quality/performance?
Phone History: -
Ericsson A1018s > Ericsson T20e > Nokia 3510i > Motorola V600 > Motorola V3x > Sony Ericsson K800i > Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 > HTC Desire > HTC One X > Sony Xperia Z2 (Current)

kamrul.auntu
Old
(Last edited by kamrul.auntu; 7th May 2014 at 08:12 PM.) Reason: missed some info
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyIntruder View Post
Any comments about the build quality/performance?
Build quality is good. Not noticed anything like you got your one. Performance is satisfactory. Basically till last month I was using Galaxy Note 3. Once S5 launched, I bought S5 on the global launch day. S5 was bit disappointing to me especially battery life, over heating, lake of RAM, sometimes lagging. Then I jumped to Z2. The main reason is to jump for Z2 is, 3200 mAh battery, 3 GB RAM. Z2 somewhat meet my expectation but not so much. I found Z2 display is very dim in outdoor/direct sunlight compare to S5 even with note 3. Inspite of having same size of battery and ram, Z2 charge stay less then note 3. I found Z2 camera as awesome. But still I have complaint about low ringtone volume, auto brightness not work properly, earpiece can't produce smooth call quality, some of my caller complained me that sometimes they get noise in call.

But I believe these problems can be solved with a firmware bug fix. I am just waiting for this.

deepflash
Old
Thanks Meter 48
14W16 German Sim unlocked.
No problems so far regarding gaps.didn't test 4 know video yet

Sent with Tapatalk through my Sony Z2

kersey
Old
Thanks Meter 192
14W17 here, from UK stock bought on 1st May...no issues for me

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

numskull
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Mine is 14w15, if your right on what this means that means i recieved my phone on the saturday of the week it was made (got it on 19th april). As far as the phone goes, seems fine, 1 very small gap top right (less then 1mm) i dont believe this will affect waterproofing (altho i havent tested yet), no other issues, only recorded 4k once...... deliberately to crash it lol managed 5 mins 4 seconds and it saved the video