Post Reply

The perfect smartphone?

11th September 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Yeah, it's a good phone, but a sold it month ago and bought OnePlus One. I don't like lack of development for Z2 And being flas-a-holic, I always need new ROMs to try ) And here nothing new in weeks.... Development for OnePlus One is waaaaay better, just like on Nexus devices.
But camera on Z2 is superb. With this camera I was able to get such a good photos that many people commented like "Wow! It was shot on a professional camera or edited heavily in Photoshop?"
Last edited by Ozonep; 11th September 2014 at 07:23 AM.
11th September 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #12  
Jiyeon90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
710 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozonep

Yeah, it's a good phone, but a sold it month ago and bought OnePlus One. I don't like lack of development for Z2 And being flas-a-holic, I always need new ROMs to try ) And here nothing new in weeks.... Development for OnePlus One is waaaaay better, just like on Nexus devices.
But camera on Z2 is superb. With this camera I was able to get such a good photos that many people commented like "Wow! It was shot on a professional camera or edited heavily in Photoshop?"

How's the battery life on the Oneplus one?
11th September 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
148 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyeon90

How's the battery life on the Oneplus one?

Well... I would say 1,5 days. I wake up at 6 AM, and when I go to sleep (around 11 PM), battery is at 40-50%. That's around 2,5 hours screen on time...
It's surely worse than Xperia Z2 in terms of battery, but for me this is 100% enough. And what's even better - Cyanogen team always developing new ways to improve battery life on OPO by optimizing settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozonep For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
i used to switch phones every 2-3 mths .. from iphone to nokia, to android, blah blah blah, you get the idea.
But this android phone is the only phone which i don really have anything to complain about. (other than the magnetic port that came out after 2 weeks of use. but its rock solid now after coming out of sony service centre)

yeah, i flash alot when i was on HTC or samsung. but i just did a root on z2 and i am 100% satisfied! i don't see a need to flash custom when everything is working so fine. love the build, the camera and esp the battery life on this baby!
17th September 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #15  
BRNRD's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 1
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffruff

i used to switch phones every 2-3 mths .. from iphone to nokia, to android, blah blah blah, you get the idea.
But this android phone is the only phone which i don really have anything to complain about. (other than the magnetic port that came out after 2 weeks of use. but its rock solid now after coming out of sony service centre)

yeah, i flash alot when i was on HTC or samsung. but i just did a root on z2 and i am 100% satisfied! i don't see a need to flash custom when everything is working so fine. love the build, the camera and esp the battery life on this baby!

same here! after rooting the Z2 I don't see the need to flash custom roms when everything's running so smoothly, only mods I've flashed through recovery are the olokos Z2 soundmod and Viper4Android, those two alone made this phone into a musical beast and occasionally I change the system's font using the iFont app
The Following User Says Thank You to BRNRD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnIXmA

I have been a long time android user and have changed a dozen smart phones from HTC to Samsung to Lg, etc(not a fanboy of any) in the past few years.. While impressive, each phone had one major short coming( HTC one's camera, s4s build quality etc)..
I decided to give Sony a try with the z2 a week ago, and have been thoroughly impressed by this phone. Everything on the z2 is top notch(screen, camera, battery life, build, speakers, water proof, SD card support, lag free ui)...
I can't understand why z2 is not a popular device in the market? Everyone I know uses s5 or m8 or iphone.. Is it due to the lack of marketing by Sony?

+1 !

I'm thinking exactly the same as you ! I only wish they could do a Xperia Z Ultra 2 with all the specs from the Z2/Z3... That would be so great ! The only one thing i miss is a bigger screen... 5,7" or 6" would be great !
18th September 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregou

+1 !

I'm thinking exactly the same as you ! I only wish they could do a Xperia Z Ultra 2 with all the specs from the Z2/Z3... That would be so great ! The only one thing i miss is a bigger screen... 5,7" or 6" would be great !

Same here, but qhd is better and a big battery capacity let say 4500 mah and a Wacom stylus if they want to compete note 4 series.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 General by ThreadRank