Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,305 Members 42,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tempered Glass Screen Protector Removal Screen up the screen

Tip us?

firecard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs down Tempered Glass Screen Protector Removal Screen up the screen

I would like to share my experience and I think this case is not just can happen to Sony Z2 although this happen on my Z2.

I bought a tempered glass screen protector installed and after about 2 week, I removed the screen protector. It left with "watermark" in the inner layer of the LCD screen and later the screen became not responding to touch. I have to send the unit to Sony repair center.

The name of the Tempered Glass Screen Protector I bought was:
RetinaGuard 視網盾 Sony Xperia Z2 眼睛防護 防藍光玻璃保護膜

Dandy63
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Bit Worrying!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecard View Post
I would like to share my experience and I think this case is not just can happen to Sony Z2 although this happen on my Z2.

I bought a tempered glass screen protector installed and after about 2 week, I removed the screen protector. It left with "watermark" in the inner layer of the LCD screen and later the screen became not responding to touch. I have to send the unit to Sony repair center.

The name of the Tempered Glass Screen Protector I bought was:
RetinaGuard 視網盾 Sony Xperia Z2 眼睛防護 防藍光玻璃保護膜
Well that sounds a bit worrying....def caused by the Glass Screen, not water getting into the phone somehow?? Be interesting to hear if anyone else has taken off their glass screen & had any problems

ChopinLives81
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I bought mine and slapped a spigen glas.tr. screen protector and had it one for about 3 -4 weeks. Had to replace the protector cuz one of the corners accidentally lifted and got some dust underneath. Pulled it off with no problems and threw a new one on. Reading Op's post I can't see how the phone could get a "watermark" unless there was moisture present. Sounds like the phone was in a area that caused condensation to occur inside. I highly doubt any screen protector would cause this.

firecard
Old
(Last edited by firecard; 9th July 2014 at 04:31 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopinLives81 View Post
I bought mine and slapped a spigen glas.tr. screen protector and had it one for about 3 -4 weeks. Had to replace the protector cuz one of the corners accidentally lifted and got some dust underneath. Pulled it off with no problems and threw a new one on. Reading Op's post I can't see how the phone could get a "watermark" unless there was moisture present. Sounds like the phone was in a area that caused condensation to occur inside. I highly doubt any screen protector would cause this.
It is internal LCD peeling look like watermark, and nothing to do with water or watermark.

Some bad TG SP adhere too strongly to LCD and removing of it cause damage to the LCD