No registration required

z2 or m8

OP sofia-captivate

5th July 2014, 06:44 AM   |  #21  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 129

465 posts
More
The m8 screen, Sense UI is slightly better than the Z2. But UI is subjective, although I think the screen puts the m8 as a clear winner. Camera puts the Z2 leaps and bounds ahead of the m8, and dedicated camera button is extremely useful.

However, the m8 feels a more fluid and faster than the Z2, and always have been. Both phones I have are on the latest firmware.

The m8 feels better to hold due to the tapered edges.

However I much prefer the omnibalance design on the Z2.

I can't choose, so I ended up with both.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofia-captivate

Thank you guys for helping me. Guess what? I got the z2 last night and I am really happy with it way better than my s5 glad I sold it. Now some case and screen protector shopping to do 😃

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Go tempered glass!! Nillkin tempered glass is great. Also, I really like Ringke Fusion, though it's lacking a cutout for magnetic charging port, so I still have to fiddle with flaps every time I need to charge my Z2.
5th July 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 56

1,092 posts
More
Do you have the ebay link for the tempered glass? how do i know its real? and ringke do you mean the screen protector or the clear case? Thankls

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidea

The m8 screen, Sense UI is slightly better than the Z2. But UI is subjective, although I think the screen puts the m8 as a clear winner. Camera puts the Z2 leaps and bounds ahead of the m8, and dedicated camera button is extremely useful.

However, the m8 feels a more fluid and faster than the Z2, and always have been. Both phones I have are on the latest firmware.

The m8 feels better to hold due to the tapered edges.

However I much prefer the omnibalance design on the Z2.

I can't choose, so I ended up with both.

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Go tempered glass!! Nillkin tempered glass is great. Also, I really like Ringke Fusion, though it's lacking a cutout for magnetic charging port, so I still have to fiddle with flaps every time I need to charge my Z2.

5th July 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #23  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 105

692 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmac_thp

I thought about going back to my M8, turned it on and while that screen is supposed to be one of the better ones out it does not look as good as the Z2 does. I love how the Z2 screen looks. I think the sound quality issues might not be as bad as I thought so Im keeping it. Pictures Ive taken with the Z2 blow the doors off the M8. Only thing I dont care for the glossy back panel on the Z2, if I wanted a glossy iPhone I would have bought one of those.

Agreed, the M8 fails at color reproduction. What's red on Z2 is washed out orange on the M8 and what's green on the Z2 is a yucky color on the M8. The colors on M8 are really dull.
The Following User Says Thank You to KyleSforza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 196

823 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSforza

Agreed, the M8 fails at color reproduction. What's red on Z2 is washed out orange on the M8 and what's green on the Z2 is a yucky color on the M8. The colors on M8 are really dull.

That's exactly how it felt when I compared both side by side
5th July 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #25  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 105

692 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyeon90

That's exactly how it felt when I compared both side by side

Its actually simple, if you get a M8 first, you might be happy with it.

If you get a Z2 first, and buy M8 too just for the hype (like I did), you're going to find out that the difference is of night and day.

In short, a M8 user can move to Z2 and still live and love it, but a Z2 user simply can't downgrade to a M8 and live peacefully.
5th July 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #26  
Flag In The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 285

2,678 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've too come from the M8 and I have no regrets everything (apart from the speakers) for me is better on the z2

I am a massive galaxy note fan but think the z2 has swayed me to stay with Sony

Let's see
5th July 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 1

27 posts
I am in the boat to change my Z2 to something else before the Z3 comes and I cant get a good price for the Z2. I also have an HTC One M8 but that is my office phone where as Z2 is my home phone sadly the vibrator is just super weak and I cant feel it at work not only that the screen is a problem I have to keep it at max brightness everywhere since reading it under the sun is a problem. The M8 is better to read in the sun but its not great my N95 was 1000 times better under the sun.
Last edited by ajai_dev; 5th July 2014 at 05:12 PM.
7th July 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 39

192 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev

I am in the boat to change my Z2 to something else before the Z3 comes and I cant get a good price for the Z2. I also have an HTC One M8 but that is my office phone where as Z2 is my home phone sadly the vibrator is just super weak and I cant feel it at work not only that the screen is a problem I have to keep it at max brightness everywhere since reading it under the sun is a problem. The M8 is better to read in the sun but its not great my N95 was 1000 times better under the sun.

Z3 is coming very late this year, I presume. August will be used to announce it, it won't come to be available on the market at least by December... Same happened with Z2 - most stores it took May to have them.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread