[Q] 314 root help...

OP Swarai

9th September 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 7

152 posts
loss of wi fi connection after root
i rooted .314 and was all good ! but since root when the screen sleeps , currently set to 2 mins. when i wake the phone up i have to re connect to my home wi fi every time ? if i keep the phone awake it will stay connected? any ideas how to solve this ? was okay before rooting ? thanks all
10th September 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #32  
Flag Batam
Thanks Meter: 35

443 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strommy1966

i rooted .314 and was all good ! but since root when the screen sleeps , currently set to 2 mins. when i wake the phone up i have to re connect to my home wi fi every time ? if i keep the phone awake it will stay connected? any ideas how to solve this ? was okay before rooting ? thanks all

Are you on stamina mode? Maybe your Stamina mode disabled the wifi connection while your screen off?
10th September 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #33  
Flag Riihimäki, Finland
Thanks Meter: 36

178 posts
More
@strommy1966 I have the same issue m8, especially whilst I'm listening to music via my cinema system. The annoying thing is I haven't found a solution yet. I'm still looking for one. If I find one I'll let you know as soon as
10th September 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 31

370 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stress40

@strommy1966 I have the same issue m8, especially whilst I'm listening to music via my cinema system. The annoying thing is I haven't found a solution yet. I'm still looking for one. If I find one I'll let you know as soon as

Lucky, My wifi is on nonstop even in stamina -,-" ( Drains battery )
10th September 2014, 07:03 PM   |  #35  
Flag Riihimäki, Finland

178 posts
More
@Croize Hi m8, goto network settings- wifi, click advanced and uncheck always scan. Also check location based. So that it disconnects wifi when you leave the house. I always have wifi on when I'm at home and disconnect mobile. I'm still experimenting with settings though . Hope this helps a bit m8
10th September 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #36  

152 posts
Quote:

@Croize Hi m8, goto network settings- wifi, click advanced and uncheck always scan. Also check location based. So that it disconnects wifi when you leave the house. I always have wifi on when I'm at home and disconnect mobile. I'm still experimenting with settings though . Hope this helps a bit m8

thanks .. will try this ! the other strange thing that has happened is that i have lost dual recovery ? it was there after i rooted and i installed it and it was working as i launched it from NDR Utils app .. but i did download viper4 android and busybox on rails .. after that i cant get my phone into recovery at all ? either by power/volume down or from the app ? i uninstalled both viper and the busybox as i thought this was the cause, but it still wont go into recovery ? but i still have root . i ran the installer zip again ... but no luck ?
10th September 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #37  
Flag Riihimäki, Finland

178 posts
More
@strommy1966 Try running the install.bat again and installing the normal busybox? I have v4a installed and just the normal busybox. This is a new thing for me- loosing rcovery like that I'm gonna do a bit of research and experimentation. I'll be in touch. Maybe somebody has a solution?
10th September 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #38  

152 posts
Quote:

@strommy1966 Try running the install.bat again and installing the normal busybox? I have v4a installed and just the normal busybox. This is a new thing for me- loosing rcovery like that I'm gonna do a bit of research and experimentation. I'll be in touch. Maybe somebody has a solution?

ran it again .. i am correct in choosing option 1 when it asks ? i used that originally when i very first installed it . anyway still no luck ! tried to get into recovery from NUTS app .. phone just boots up as normal ??? i want to keep 314 as i was one of the ones that suffered from the bad call quality but since i allowed the phone to update to 314 the call quality problem has gone ! not had a single person say they cant hear me. so don't want to drop down to 402 .
i did do a back up on PC companion just before i rooted .. wondering if i should restore the phone using that , then root again, and install the dual recovery again and see if that sorts it
10th September 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #39  
Flag Riihimäki, Finland

178 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strommy1966

ran it again .. i am correct in choosing option 1 when it asks ? i used that originally when i very first installed it . anyway still no luck ! tried to get into recovery from NUTS app .. phone just boots up as normal ??? i want to keep 314 as i was one of the ones that suffered from the bad call quality but since i allowed the phone to update to 314 the call quality problem has gone ! not had a single person say they cant hear me. so don't want to drop down to 402 .
i did do a back up on PC companion just before i rooted .. wondering if i should restore the phone using that , then root again, and install the dual recovery again and see if that sorts it

Yeah m8, try that and wipe caches before rooting and installing dual recovery. Apart from that, the other option is ( repair phone/ flash ftf, re- root then re- install dual recovery) I'm thinking that maybe something has become corrupted. There is somebody else that this has happened to (can't remember who it is though). But I can only suggest what you have said m8. Good luck

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

@strommy1966 I just read on the last page here that there are others that this has happened to and the problem is being looked into. It is the thread for @[NUT] Dual Recovery. I'm gonna keep an eye on this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stress40 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread