Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 53,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cant get into recovery

Tip us?
 
sindre2104
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Cant get into recovery

I have a Xperia z2 6503 running the this rom:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...k-pie-t2839305

Previously i had a combination of this rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755390
and this recovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785598

Everything was working fine, but i wanted to switch so i flashed the rom i mentioned first through the recovery.

-When i tried to boot back to the recovery from android, i only get a black screen with an orange light.

-When i boot up the phone and press volume + or - at the pink light, i get a black screen with an orange light

-When i boot up the phone and wait for the green light, then hold volume + for 3 sec i get a black screen with the sony logo. And every touch nomatter where on the screen gives me a haptic feedback.

I have tried flashing multiple recoveries with and without a kernel, but i get the above results no matter what.
Since i havent posted enough i cant ask in the apropriate thread for the rom so im asking here.

Does anyone know a solution for this?
Does anyone know what firmware the Rom is based on?
Does anyone know what recovery/kernel is compatible with this rom?

Any help is greatly appriciated
 
Croize
Old
#2  
Croize's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 365
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindre2104 View Post
I have a Xperia z2 6503 running the this rom:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...k-pie-t2839305

Previously i had a combination of this rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2755390
and this recovery
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785598

Everything was working fine, but i wanted to switch so i flashed the rom i mentioned first through the recovery.

-When i tried to boot back to the recovery from android, i only get a black screen with an orange light.

-When i boot up the phone and press volume + or - at the pink light, i get a black screen with an orange light

-When i boot up the phone and wait for the green light, then hold volume + for 3 sec i get a black screen with the sony logo. And every touch nomatter where on the screen gives me a haptic feedback.

I have tried flashing multiple recoveries with and without a kernel, but i get the above results no matter what.
Since i havent posted enough i cant ask in the apropriate thread for the rom so im asking here.

Does anyone know a solution for this?
Does anyone know what firmware the Rom is based on?
Does anyone know what recovery/kernel is compatible with this rom?

Any help is greatly appriciated
Not even with an app ?
 
sindre2104
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize View Post
Not even with an app ?
The only app i have tried using is the NDR Utils app.
It porduced the same results as trying to reboot to recovery from the power menu.
One more thing i forgot to mention.

I got into the thing were there is a sony logo and haptic feedback and just spammed the screen all over.
When i rebooted to android there was a screenshot of a recovery in a folder called screen_shots.
In the screenshot everything looked normal, and you could see that it had reacted to me spamming the screen:

 
Croize
Old
#4  
Croize's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 365
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindre2104 View Post
The only app i have tried using is the NDR Utils app.
It porduced the same results as trying to reboot to recovery from the power menu.
One more thing i forgot to mention.

I got into the thing were there is a sony logo and haptic feedback and just spammed the screen all over.
When i rebooted to android there was a screenshot of a recovery in a folder called screen_shots.
In the screenshot everything looked normal, and you could see that it had reacted to me spamming the screen:

With your issue , i would flash the phone back and start from scratch.
 
sindre2104
Old
(Last edited by sindre2104; 2nd September 2014 at 06:29 PM.) Reason: update
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize View Post
With your issue , i would flash the phone back and start from scratch.
Is this worth a shot?
How to remove:


Delete the following files:
/system/bin/recovery.twrp.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/recovery.cwm.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/recovery.philz.cpio.lzma
/system/bin/charger
/system/bin/dualrecovery.sh
/system/bin/mr

Rename /system/bin/mr.stock to /system/bin/mr to restore stock functionality, then inside /system/bin/ rename chargemon.stock to chargemon check its permissions (should be 755 or otherwise visible as -rwxr-x-r-x). Done!

EDIT:
So i deleted the above files and flashed a new kernel with recovery, but it doesent seem to have changed anything.
 
Croize
Old
#6  
Croize's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 365
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindre2104 View Post
Is this worth a shot?
How to remove:


Delete the following files:
/system/bin/recovery.twrp.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/recovery.cwm.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/recovery.philz.cpio.lzma
/system/bin/charger
/system/bin/dualrecovery.sh
/system/bin/mr

Rename /system/bin/mr.stock to /system/bin/mr to restore stock functionality, then inside /system/bin/ rename chargemon.stock to chargemon check its permissions (should be 755 or otherwise visible as -rwxr-x-r-x). Done!

Im not wery experienced in this, In your case I woul flash back... Youll have to wait for someone more experienced, Sorry
 
sindre2104
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize View Post
Im not wery experienced in this, In your case I woul flash back... Youll have to wait for someone more experienced, Sorry
Think im going to wait with flashing back to stock...
Lets see if anyone more experienced can help me first ^^
 
sindre2104
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Sep 2010
For anyone with the same problem, I used an app called rashr.
Here is the Google+ comment section
https://plus.google.com/112479755295...ts/SFTs2MFnnhs

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes