5,814,633 Members 53,433 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

BNIB--Return?

Tip us?
 
hatim
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 53
Join Date: Dec 2005
Default BNIB--Return?

I have a Z2 brand new in box with the seal still on. I loved the feature set and the looks before I stumbled on to this forum. Call quality should be a given on any phone >$50. I didn't even think about it until now. I will not be able to return the phone once I open it. Should I open the box or return it for an M8/S5?
 
Envious_Data
Old
(Last edited by Envious_Data; 2nd July 2014 at 10:57 PM.)
#2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 872
Posts: 2,199
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Imagination

 
DONATE TO ME
It seems device dependant again, some devices are slightly different because of manufacturing errors so the first few batches have a good chance of being faulty, some faults effect call quality

My Z2 quality is crisp however the volume is low

Check if you can find what batch your device is from it seems anything before week 22/year 14 is problematic

My device is 14w23

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app


Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace


Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/
 
hatim
Old
(Last edited by hatim; 2nd July 2014 at 11:32 PM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 53
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data View Post
It seems device dependant again, some devices are slightly different because of manufacturing errors so the first few batches have a good chance of being faulty, some faults effect call quality

My Z2 quality is crisp however the volume is low

Check if you can find what batch your device is from it seems anything before week 22/year 14 is problematic

My device is 14w23

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Is it possible to check without opening the box? From the serial number? The serial starts with BH90B. That seems like from an earlier batch going by the Z1 serial number (starting from BH901/2/3...).
 
strommy1966
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 152
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data View Post
It seems device dependant again, some devices are slightly different because of manufacturing errors so the first few batches have a good chance of being faulty, some faults effect call quality

My Z2 quality is crisp however the volume is low

Check if you can find what batch your device is from it seems anything before week 22/year 14 is problematic

My device is 14w23

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
my device is 14w23 and i have the call quality problems ! as in the other party struggles to hear you , or they get feedback. and it makes no difference if that to a land line or another mobile. i have spoken to Sony UK, and they told me to do a "repair" doing PC companion, which i did and all credit to Sony, they rang me back a few hours later to see how the fix went. well it obviously didn't work as the lady i was speaking to was getting feedback, and since then the problems still exist. as i bought the phone from phones 4U and not Sony directly , my next thing is to return the phone to them and let them do a repair . but not knowing if this is hardware or software issue . im not holding out much hope that the problem will be fixed ? all i know as i use the phone for my business i cant keep on using a phone my clients struggle to hear me on
 
seh6183
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 1,562
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by strommy1966 View Post
my device is 14w23 and i have the call quality problems ! as in the other party struggles to hear you , or they get feedback. and it makes no difference if that to a land line or another mobile. i have spoken to Sony UK, and they told me to do a "repair" doing PC companion, which i did and all credit to Sony, they rang me back a few hours later to see how the fix went. well it obviously didn't work as the lady i was speaking to was getting feedback, and since then the problems still exist. as i bought the phone from phones 4U and not Sony directly , my next thing is to return the phone to them and let them do a repair . but not knowing if this is hardware or software issue . im not holding out much hope that the problem will be fixed ? all i know as i use the phone for my business i cant keep on using a phone my clients struggle to hear me on
I didnt read through your other thread completely but did you try to disable the noise cancellation feature? That may help.
Sent from my iPhone 4
 
strommy1966
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 152
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
I didnt read through your other thread completely but did you try to disable the noise cancellation feature? That may help.
yes i did ! i have had this problem since i took the phone out of its box back in May. its been a problem on and off since then. its not every call i make or receive , but it is a large quantity of them. enough that i had a load of calls earlier this week and one of my clients hung up on me as they just couldn't hear me , but i could hear them really clearly . so the phone is going back
 
seh6183
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 128
Posts: 1,562
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by strommy1966 View Post
yes i did ! i have had this problem since i took the phone out of its box back in May. its been a problem on and off since then. its not every call i make or receive , but it is a large quantity of them. enough that i had a load of calls earlier this week and one of my clients hung up on me as they just couldn't hear me , but i could hear them really clearly . so the phone is going back
Man I would have returned it long before now. I would have returned it first week.
Sent from my iPhone 4

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes