Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Which LTE Frequency band is my phone connected to

OP blackknigt

21st August 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

24 posts
I've searched all around the web and I cant find a way to check what frequency band my phone is using
for Samsung phones just dial *#0011# and you can find that info, iPhones also have a way, but I haven't found a way to determine this in my Xperia Z2.

does anyone knows any way?
any app or something?
terminal command?

(4.4.2 Stock rom)

note: I want this because my carrier (Orange DO) is going to change their LTE band (and they're doing some test sometimes) and I want to know which band are they testing.
21st August 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #2  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknigt

I've searched all around the web and I cant find a way to check what frequency band my phone is using
for Samsung phones just dial *#0011# and you can find that info, iPhones also have a way, but I haven't found a way to determine this in my Xperia Z2.

any app or something?
terminal command?

(4.4.2 Stock rom)

note: I want this because my carrier (Orange DO) is going to change their LTE band (and they're doing some test sometimes) and I want to know which band are they testing.

Try app named LTE Discovery. Its on play store.

I hope it will work
21st August 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by excobra

Try app named LTE Discovery. Its on play store.

I hope it will work

it doesn't shows the values for EARFCN,
they're all N/A
27th August 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
BTW, the app says: "All the data we obtain is volunteered by users", so I don't have the values because no-one posted it earlier :P

anyone else knows a way?
29th August 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
Quote:

BTW, the app says: "All the data we obtain is volunteered by users", so I don't have the values because no-one posted it earlier :P

anyone else knows a way?

Sorry haven't been able to work with any Orange users to map out their LTE bands yet. If you get a phone that can access the *#0011* menu (or can grab a friends phone whose can) hit me up at feedback@simplyadvanced.net and I'll be able to bake support for Orange into the application.

I want to add support for all the Canadian and UK carriers but it's been hard to find volunteers in other countries to work with.

-Spence
LTE Discovery Dev
The Following User Says Thank You to SpenceSouth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpenceSouth

Sorry haven't been able to work with any Orange users to map out their LTE bands yet. If you get a phone that can access the *#0011* menu (or can grab a friends phone whose can) hit me up at feedback@simplyadvanced.net and I'll be able to bake support for Orange into the application.

I want to add support for all the Canadian and UK carriers but it's been hard to find volunteers in other countries to work with.

-Spence
LTE Discovery Dev

I don't know the exact UL/DL frequencies right now, but orange is using band 3 for LTE, and 900 for 3g / GSM / EDGE

the point is, they're on a process of migration from that LTE band, they're waiting (among other things I guess) for authorization to complete migration.

What I wanted to know is exactly which bands they're testing, because I've used a nexus 5 D820 (which lacks band 3) and often it gets connected to the LTE and a friends phone says it is still connected to band 3 (Galaxy S4 i9505 using *#0011#)

So there's no way other than *#0011# for Samsung Phones to get that Connection Data? not from data gathered

and..

actually I'm from Dominican Republic
2nd September 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #7  
Flag Pyongyang
Thanks Meter: 5

87 posts
Quote:

any app or something?
terminal command?

(4.4.2 Stock rom)

What country and carrier?
2nd September 2014, 09:22 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by higgs_

What country and carrier?

Orange Dominican Republic,

Note: if you read the above replies, I don't want gathered data but something similar to the *#0011# menu on the Galaxy line.
2nd September 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 5

133 posts
Quote:

any app or something?
terminal command?

(4.4.2 Stock rom)

If you go in to the service menu by dialling in *#*#7378423#*#* then go to service info then configuration. All the working bands are listed there.
2nd September 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalaggi

If you go in to the service menu by dialling in *#*#7378423#*#* then go to service info then configuration. All the working bands are listed there.

I know the working bands, 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/..... etc,

I want to know WHICH band the Phone is CONNECTED TO :P

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread