Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Always some bug with my Xperia Z2

OP rayraymond

21st July 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

34 posts
Hi,

I have been playing with my xperia z2 for over a month now, i have 2 major issues.

1. When i am in facebook playing video, it will then show up a message saying "Sorry, but an unknown error occurred while trying to play this video"
i have tried clearing the cache or uninstall facebook. The best result is for those video that cannot be played in the beginning, it now can play but problem switched to another video

2. when talking on the phone, background noise is always higher than my voice no matter if i turned on the enhancement to reduce the background voice. It will get even worse if it is off.

any solutions to that?
21st July 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #2  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 48

376 posts
More
I agree with you about facebook video playback. It really gets on my nerves!!! But also if u r using streaming videos on ur browser also. Same problem. I hope they fix this stupid problem.

Also proximity sensor bug. The phone sceen blackens during a call but u actually accidently click things while ur phone is on ur ears.

One lousy bug is the sound. The phone's sound volume is very loud but at sometimes all of a sudden it becomes muffled by itself and gets so low!

The one i hate most is a bug with messaging. Sometimes it doesn't becomes sooo delayed when u try opening a msg or even doesn't want to open at all.
Another one is the hotspot. Sometimes it doesn't want to be enabled. U have to restart the phone to enable it.

I have an htc one m8 and it's more stable concerning software, but i really love my Z2.
I hope they fix these bugs esp. video and msg bugs!!!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by sevoflurane; 21st July 2014 at 10:41 PM.
21st July 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #3  
Flag Alexandria

376 posts
More
Forgot to mention this bug on restart. :s

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405975092385.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	2863771  
21st July 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,252

2,795 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevoflurane

Forgot to mention this bug on restart. :s

SwiftKey?

22nd July 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag Alexandria

376 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LenAsh

SwiftKey?

Actually i am using swiftkey. Could this be the problem?

4th August 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

34 posts
just replying to my search,
to prevent the video playback issue.
Just disable the xperia for facebook. then the problem is gone. I have not seen the issue again.

However, during the phone call, back ground noise is always louder than my voice still persist.
4th August 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Southend
Thanks Meter: 73

515 posts
More
My issues are the soft key buttons on screen. Doesn't matter what I do the home button and the recent apps button lag horribly!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
4th August 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #8  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 358

836 posts
More
muffed sound issue here.

Been using an Handsfree for awhile, sadly i cannot talk normally on the phone as i get important work calls.
9th August 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
I havent been able ti use my camera since the start of times... I gave me "unfortunately, camera has stopped error", stupid thing is I'm in no shape to return this piece of junk, because I world in a jungle with EGDE internet, and I can't go back to civilized world for another month... I've tried a reset, factory reset, uninstall updates, flashing firmwares from other countries... so, I reached a conclusion, that Sony can't manufacture smartphone...
11th August 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #10  
OP Member

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamir_89

I havent been able ti use my camera since the start of times... I gave me "unfortunately, camera has stopped error", stupid thing is I'm in no shape to return this piece of junk, because I world in a jungle with EGDE internet, and I can't go back to civilized world for another month... I've tried a reset, factory reset, uninstall updates, flashing firmwares from other countries... so, I reached a conclusion, that Sony can't manufacture smartphone...

my friend had this camera issue before, he have done all the things you have done before.
the only option is to return the phone to Sony for repair, it takes less than 4 hours even on sunday (local agreement of repairing)
so it wasn't that bad...
Issue was he dropped the phone and the connection from camera to the board is broken(this is was sony said)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread