Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,541 Members 53,749 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] The charger is messing up my phone...

Tip us?

7TheSpecialOne7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] The charger is messing up my phone...

I have a tremendous problem. Everything is OK until I put the phone on charge.. Then weird things tend to happen.
1. The brightness goes to the maximal level even though I've set it at a lower level.
2. While charging, the screen is constantly ON, rolling some ****ty videos advertisements.
3. My home screen tab changes to the central one.
4. MY PICTURES AND VIDEOS DISAPPEAR!!! That applies to ALL THE PICTURES AND VIDEOS THAT I'VE TAKEN. The only ones that stay are the pics send me from WhatsApp and the screenshots of my screen.
The phone is with basic settings. Any help will be appreciated.

CenteaOSD
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TheSpecialOne7 View Post
I have a tremendous problem. Everything is OK until I put the phone on charge.. Then weird things tend to happen.
1. The brightness goes to the maximal level even though I've set it at a lower level.
2. While charging, the screen is constantly ON, rolling some ****ty videos advertisements.
3. My home screen tab changes to the central one.
4. MY PICTURES AND VIDEOS DISAPPEAR!!! That applies to ALL THE PICTURES AND VIDEOS THAT I'VE TAKEN. The only ones that stay are the pics send me from WhatsApp and the screenshots of my screen.
The phone is with basic settings. Any help will be appreciated.
<< The brightness~ isn't it on Auto brightness?
<<Screen is constantly~ try to turn off stay awake plugged(if there is any)
<<****ty videos advertisements what is that ads about? Is it like display mode? Or is it other kind of ads?
Current:Xperia Z2(D6503),T100TA,Walkman F(886)

History: [Phone]IS04- XperiaX10→GalaxyS2→GalaxyNexus→EVO 3D→Xperia AcroHD→HTC J→
ArrowsX(F-10D)→GalaxyY(S5360)→XperiaZ(C6603)→One M7→Xperia Z2(D6503)→Maybe Xperia Z4
[Tab&MP]Nexus7(2012)→MeMoPad FHD10→Nexus7(2013)→Maybe Nexus8 (WalkmanZ→WalkmanF)
The Following User Says Thank You to CenteaOSD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

7TheSpecialOne7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenteaOSD View Post
<< The brightness~ isn't it on Auto brightness?
<<Screen is constantly~ try to turn off stay awake plugged(if there is any)
<<****ty videos advertisements what is that ads about? Is it like display mode? Or is it other kind of ads?
First of all thanks for the quick answer!
The brightness isn't on Auto, but that's the least of the 4 problems that I have.
When it comes to the screen the "Stay awake" it turned off and the screen is still ON while charging. The ads are about the phone itself "Sony Xperia Z2 the best phone bla bla bla"
My biggest problem is the loss of pics/videos.

CenteaOSD
Old
(Last edited by CenteaOSD; 16th July 2014 at 01:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
First of all thanks for the quick answer!
The brightness isn't on Auto, but that's the least of the 4 problems that I have.
When it comes to the screen the "Stay awake" it turned off and the screen is still ON while charging. The ads are about the phone itself "Sony Xperia Z2 the best phone bla bla bla"
My biggest problem is the loss of pics/videos.
Oh.... Problem is serious than I thought.... I think somehow displaymode has turned on and it resets all your data or hiding your data. I am not sure how it happened, but I think if you haven't root or unlock the bootloader you are better to take it to shop and ask?
Also before take it to shop try to connect to Z2 to your PC, there might be some photo left in internal storage?

P.S I found that enter the "*#*#73556673#*#*" to dialer turns off demo mode. I am not sure if it works for you but it worse try it.
Still looking for how to get back your photos and videos. I will share the solution as soon as I find it

History: [Phone]IS04- XperiaX10→GalaxyS2→GalaxyNexus→EVO 3D→Xperia AcroHD→HTC J→
ArrowsX(F-10D)→GalaxyY(S5360)→XperiaZ(C6603)→One M7→Xperia Z2(D6503)→Maybe Xperia Z4
[Tab&MP]Nexus7(2012)→MeMoPad FHD10→Nexus7(2013)→Maybe Nexus8 (WalkmanZ→WalkmanF)
The Following User Says Thank You to CenteaOSD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

7TheSpecialOne7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Oh.... Problem is serious than I thought.... I think somehow displaymode has turned on and it resets all your data or hiding your data. I am not sure how it happened, but I think if you haven't root or unlock the bootloader you are better to take it to shop and ask?
Also before take it to shop try to connect to Z2 to your PC, there might be some photo left in internal storage?

P.S I found that enter the "*#*#73556673#*#*" to dialer turns off demo mode. I am not sure if it works for you but it worse try it.
Still looking for how to get back your photos and videos. I will share the solution as soon as I find it
Man.. I can't express how thankful I'm. I typed the code you gave me in the dialer and it worked. All the problems are fixed.

CenteaOSD
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Is your vid and pics back also?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

7TheSpecialOne7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Is your vid and pics back also?

No, they aren't. But since the pics/videos that I'll make from now on will be saved, It's all cool.

CenteaOSD
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
No, they aren't. But since the pics/videos that I'll make from now on will be saved, It's all cool.
I see.... Anyway it is my pleasure to help you. Have fun with your device!