Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] The charger is messing up my phone...

OP 7TheSpecialOne7

16th July 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
I have a tremendous problem. Everything is OK until I put the phone on charge.. Then weird things tend to happen.
1. The brightness goes to the maximal level even though I've set it at a lower level.
2. While charging, the screen is constantly ON, rolling some ****ty videos advertisements.
3. My home screen tab changes to the central one.
4. MY PICTURES AND VIDEOS DISAPPEAR!!! That applies to ALL THE PICTURES AND VIDEOS THAT I'VE TAKEN. The only ones that stay are the pics send me from WhatsApp and the screenshots of my screen.
The phone is with basic settings. Any help will be appreciated.
16th July 2014, 11:57 AM   |  #2  
Member
Flag Logan,QLD/Chigasaki City(Japan)
Thanks Meter: 13
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TheSpecialOne7

I have a tremendous problem. Everything is OK until I put the phone on charge.. Then weird things tend to happen.
1. The brightness goes to the maximal level even though I've set it at a lower level.
2. While charging, the screen is constantly ON, rolling some ****ty videos advertisements.
3. My home screen tab changes to the central one.
4. MY PICTURES AND VIDEOS DISAPPEAR!!! That applies to ALL THE PICTURES AND VIDEOS THAT I'VE TAKEN. The only ones that stay are the pics send me from WhatsApp and the screenshots of my screen.
The phone is with basic settings. Any help will be appreciated.

<< The brightness~ isn't it on Auto brightness?
<<Screen is constantly~ try to turn off stay awake plugged(if there is any)
<<****ty videos advertisements what is that ads about? Is it like display mode? Or is it other kind of ads?
The Following User Says Thank You to CenteaOSD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenteaOSD

<< The brightness~ isn't it on Auto brightness?
<<Screen is constantly~ try to turn off stay awake plugged(if there is any)
<<****ty videos advertisements what is that ads about? Is it like display mode? Or is it other kind of ads?

First of all thanks for the quick answer!
The brightness isn't on Auto, but that's the least of the 4 problems that I have.
When it comes to the screen the "Stay awake" it turned off and the screen is still ON while charging. The ads are about the phone itself "Sony Xperia Z2 the best phone bla bla bla"
My biggest problem is the loss of pics/videos.
16th July 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #4  
Member
Flag Logan,QLD/Chigasaki City(Japan)
Thanks Meter: 13
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TheSpecialOne7

First of all thanks for the quick answer!
The brightness isn't on Auto, but that's the least of the 4 problems that I have.
When it comes to the screen the "Stay awake" it turned off and the screen is still ON while charging. The ads are about the phone itself "Sony Xperia Z2 the best phone bla bla bla"
My biggest problem is the loss of pics/videos.

Oh.... Problem is serious than I thought.... I think somehow displaymode has turned on and it resets all your data or hiding your data. I am not sure how it happened, but I think if you haven't root or unlock the bootloader you are better to take it to shop and ask?
Also before take it to shop try to connect to Z2 to your PC, there might be some photo left in internal storage?

P.S I found that enter the "*#*#73556673#*#*" to dialer turns off demo mode. I am not sure if it works for you but it worse try it.
Still looking for how to get back your photos and videos. I will share the solution as soon as I find it
Last edited by CenteaOSD; 16th July 2014 at 02:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenteaOSD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 02:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenteaOSD

Oh.... Problem is serious than I thought.... I think somehow displaymode has turned on and it resets all your data or hiding your data. I am not sure how it happened, but I think if you haven't root or unlock the bootloader you are better to take it to shop and ask?
Also before take it to shop try to connect to Z2 to your PC, there might be some photo left in internal storage?

P.S I found that enter the "*#*#73556673#*#*" to dialer turns off demo mode. I am not sure if it works for you but it worse try it.
Still looking for how to get back your photos and videos. I will share the solution as soon as I find it

Man.. I can't express how thankful I'm. I typed the code you gave me in the dialer and it worked. All the problems are fixed.
16th July 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Logan,QLD/Chigasaki City(Japan)
Thanks Meter: 13
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Is your vid and pics back also?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
16th July 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CenteaOSD

Is your vid and pics back also?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

No, they aren't. But since the pics/videos that I'll make from now on will be saved, It's all cool.
16th July 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Logan,QLD/Chigasaki City(Japan)
Thanks Meter: 13
 
76 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7TheSpecialOne7

No, they aren't. But since the pics/videos that I'll make from now on will be saved, It's all cool.

I see.... Anyway it is my pleasure to help you. Have fun with your device!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to CenteaOSD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes