Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more
Post Reply

Charging flap problem

OP mr mystery

1st September 2014, 12:38 AM   |  #1  
mr mystery's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag East York
Thanks Meter: 105
 
1,054 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Hey guys I'm having an issue with my charging flap. Every time I take my phone out of my pocket the charging flap hanging off. It's really becoming a major pain. I obviously wouldn't even dare putting it in water! Anyone have a solution or has anyone else had this issue?

Not very happy about this.
1st September 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,036
 
2,539 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mystery

Hey guys I'm having an issue with my charging flap. Every time I take my phone out of my pocket the charging flap hanging off. It's really becoming a major pain. I obviously wouldn't even dare putting it in water! Anyone have a solution or has anyone else had this issue?

Not very happy about this.

i have a simular issue, aparently its caused by dust.. or atleast in my case

some people have purchased a replacement flap and that fixed their problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #3  
hzr34's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 10
 
162 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Clean flap ring with alcohol and apply little powder. Problem solved.
6th September 2014, 05:12 PM   |  #4  
mr mystery's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag East York
Thanks Meter: 105
 
1,054 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

i have a simular issue, aparently its caused by dust.. or atleast in my case

some people have purchased a replacement flap and that fixed their problem

Seems rather ridiculous a phone that is "dust and waterproof" is render useless by particles of dust no? IP67? Lol.
6th September 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #5  
mr mystery's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag East York
Thanks Meter: 105
 
1,054 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hzr34

Clean flap ring with alcohol and apply little powder. Problem solved.

What do you mean by powder? Baby powder?
6th September 2014, 06:00 PM   |  #6  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,036
 
2,539 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mystery

Seems rather ridiculous a phone that is "dust and waterproof" is render useless by particles of dust no? IP67? Lol.

ip58 z2 is

5/8 dust
8/9 water

dust yeah its stupid that chunks of dead skin stop a flap from closing, but then again its a sensitive thing, those flaps are sensitive and are easily affected by things
7th September 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #7  
hzr34's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 10
 
162 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr mystery

What do you mean by powder? Baby powder?

Yes.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank