Samsung Galaxy S4 also Receives Android Lollipop Port

Once upon a time, when the original Samsung Galaxy S was just a dream for most XDA … more

How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Used CM11, Help switching back to TWRP Backup

OP ZPaul2Fresh8

10th August 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Millbury, OH
Thanks Meter: 168

401 posts
Donate to Me
More
So I finally tried some AOSP, but missed my camera immensely so I went to switch back to my backup that I made in TWRP.

Unfortunately AOSP roms use CWM recovery and it won't recognize my TWRP so I've tried to redo the Dual Recovery method but since I no longer have stock kernel it fails.

Now I've also tried to use fastboot to flash a boot.img which I thought was a stock kernel....but obviously I was wrong or it didn't want to work.

Either way as of now I'm using FlashTool to flash stock image, then root, then install DualRecovery again and THEN restore backup.

Does anyone know where I went wrong and hopefully provide a faster solution in case I go back to trying ASOP again? Maybe backup in CWM next time?

Now I do have to flashable DualRecovery.zip that I did try in CWM but it didn't work either, I'm guessing since I didn't have stock kernel...

Thanks in advanced. Why didn't Sony just have a dedicated recovery partition!
10th August 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 98

509 posts
More
Flash doom Lords kernel (v9 is it?) which has twrp, restore back up, done
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Rô For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Millbury, OH

401 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rô

Flash doom Lords kernel (v9 is it?) which has twrp, restore back up, done

Thanks, I thought about that but I didn't want any other kernel than stock. Couldn't find stock, but I went the long route and now I'm back in business!
11th August 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,313

3,077 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPaul2Fresh8

Thanks, I thought about that but I didn't want any other kernel than stock. Couldn't find stock, but I went the long route and now I'm back in business!

the recoveries in the original development sections are actualy stock kernels with recovery, you could use those instead if you dont want dooms modded/custom kernel
11th August 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Millbury, OH

401 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

the recoveries in the original development sections are actualy stock kernels with recovery, you could use those instead if you dont want dooms modded/custom kernel

Well I did try to use the dual recovery but it didn't work. It says it is only for stock kernel so I didn't expect it to, but I had to try...
4th September 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #6  
Flag UAE - Abu Dhabi.
Thanks Meter: 55

455 posts
Donate to Me
More
@ZPaul2Fresh8

EDIT: DON'T INSTALL IF YOU STILL WANT TO USE CM!!!
It won't boot the system of cm if you flashed the twrp img, just flash it if you want to go to a backup!

"
It was very easy for me, at the end i had a twrp 2.7.0.0 in my cm11'd Z2, you need pc, and usb cable, and fastboot and adb drivers, lol its way easier than flashing .ftf, go to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2764971 and download the zip and extract it, follow this tout: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1752270 and you will be all good...
Last edited by Jhon998; 4th September 2014 at 07:37 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread